Saturday, 4 September 2010

Cute ?? Spidey

Hiya folks!

Hope you are all having a great weekend so far? Bit of a grey start here, but sun coming through nicely. Might hit the garden in a bit.

So I am making this a quickie post! My card today is for the Haunted Design House challenge 'Creepy Cute'. I have spent much of this week deliberating over this one I'll tell ya! Already dispatched 2 cards to the bin. So this is my final try. Not doing it any more (stomp)! LOL.


I coloured my little 'Spidey the Spider' image digitally, but it turned out quite flat-looking. Maybe I'll get the pencils out next time. This was printed twice on a sheet of A4 paper and cut out (fiddly or what!) I have curled spidey's legs to make him more life-like, and drew some white bits as highlights.

I printed out my cobweb backing (ooops, not got this in the shop yet - will have to sort that out!) onto orange card, and smudged black ink all over, then put stickles over it. Then I cut round the web shape, making it a shaped card. Hopefully it is acceptable at Polka Doodles, where they want shaped cards (no squares, rectangles or circles).


Delightful Challenges are after 'Cute Halloween' this week, so I am entering there too. At SCSC the challenge is 'CAS' - yep - defo that. No embellies, no ribbons, just me card and image and stickles! Think it might be OK for Papertake as well, their challenge is 'Just the One', well I have only one piece of cardstock - or one bit of bling (they're not counting the image!) Hope it's OK for this one.

Right, not such a quick post after all huh? LOL. Off to hit the garden now then, as long as the wet stuff stays away!! Have a great weekend folks! TTFN

27 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Adorable, Teri! Love his little fangs and the fab shape of the card. thanks for joining us for MM at HDH! xxD

TracieB xx said...

Normall I don't really go for spiders but this one I can cope with lol.

Really like your idea for the shaped card and you found somewhere to add bling to as well hehe.

Thank you for joining us over at SCS Challenge

TracieB xx
SCSC DT Member

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Brilliant card. Love the spider and web. Great colours.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Poppet said...

Great card Teri, love the cobweb and the spider. The stickles and the hightlight really bring this card to life. :-) xx

Lisa said...

Love the spider, thanks for joining us at delightful challenges this week

Sue said...

Hi Hun
now i have just booted a few of these outa me awning!!! UGHHHHH, this is fabulous hun, great card, luv the web, sue,x

Creepy Glowbugg said...

This is adorable! I mean, crepy and cute. I will be watching for that spider web. I really like how you used that for the shape of your card.
Thanks for playing with HDH this week.

Saskia said...

A cute spider... the only cute one i've ever seen! :)

Saskia :)

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Oh he is just the most adorable spider I have seen. The card is brill too btw
Hx

Sally H said...

Gorgeous, Spider, hun! I love him!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Tooooooo cute! Great job Teri!! You are so talented!!

brenda said...

Hi Teri

Love incy wincy spider and super coloulr, he really stamps out.

Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles this week and good luck.

B x

Jill said...

wow Teri this is fantastic I love the spider and the web you've made thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Andrea C said...

fantastic card x

blackdragon said...

I think i had his big brother in the lounge the other night.... i love this and your not yet available cobby background!
I knew you'd do something creepy cute... thanks for playing at MM... take care my friend... hope the rain stayed away long enough to do the garden... our grass is like a paddy field.
Love lynx

Susan's crafty chaos said...

LOL, fearsome fangs with an adorable expression; this is wonderfully creepy cute!
Thanks so much for joining in with our Macabre Monday Creepy Cute challenge at HDH, and good luck!

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Fabby card. Thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge

Barb said...

Awesome shaped card, Teri! And that spidey is DEFINITELY on the cute side :) ... thanks so much for playing along with Macabre Monday!

{Jane} said...

Gorgeous card

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

Tracy said...

Fab Entry, thanks for joining Polkadoodles challenge, Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Tracy said...

Teri i love this spider he is just so cute, fabulous card the design is brilliant. Tracy x

Hobby Paleis said...

Normally I hate spiders but yours is too cute

Thanks for joining the SCSC

Renate

Tip Top said...

Now thats what I call a shaped card!! Very fab and love the spooky colours! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

Hope Jacare said...

Fab shaped card - thanks for playing along at Polkadoodles! What a fab spider! Cheers Claire x

Jenny said...

So refreshing to see such an unusual shaped card! Fits our challenge perfectly! Thanks for sharing it with us over at Polka Doodles.

Fliss said...

Just fabulous shaped card.
thanks for joining in with this week's Polka Doodles challenge.
x

BondGirl said...

Gorgeous card - i am so into halloween at the moment.

Thanks for joining in the polkadoodles challenge