Wednesday, 22 September 2010

A Couple of Cards

Hiya folks!

Grab a coffee/tea and some biccies ladies, this might be a long post! Hope you are all well today? I have been reading that so many of you are under the weather, I do hope things pick up for you soon.

Well, I have been busy in the crafty cavern (my dining room! LOL) creating some cards to show off a couple of new images. These were released yesterday over in my shop, 'Gladioli' and 'Red Cardinal':


First up I'll show you the card I made with the Gladioli image, as this is the DT card I have made for The Sisterhood's new theme. This week it is 'Birthdays', so nice and easy for you all! LOL Hope to see you there ladies!


I followed the sketch from Truly Scrumptious for this card, but I didn't use the blue and green colour combo they had as an optional extra. I went for a yummy pink and green number instead. Here is the sketch, I kind of flipped mine to put the sentiment at the bottom:


I am also entering it in the challenge at Stamp Something, as their theme is 'Digi' this week, SCSC where they have an 'Open' theme, and also at Totally Papercrafts where the theme is Birthdays.


I have used papers from Tinker & Co's Shabby Milly kit (digital). Everything else is from the stash. The Gladioli image is coloured with the usual watercolour pencils, scanned to the compy and printed out for layering.

**********************
Next up is my entry for the Midnight Madness challenge, where each week they have a choice of sketches for you to follow. I usually try to follow the fancy one:


This time I made another easel card using papers from Tinker & Co (frame) and an Artylicious cd. I have used my new Red Cardinal image for this one, and made it a Christmas card. This was coloured as usual with the watercolour pencils, scanned and printed for layering. I have popped some stickles over it here and there too, for an added something.


The flowers are all made with my punches, with added stickled dots. The ribbon trim is from Papermania, got it last year and never used it!! (me bad) This ties in with the challenge at Corrosive Challenges (use up your stash).


I am also entering this into the challenges at Pixie Dust Studio (Fur or Feather),and at Cute Card Thursday (Bird or Butterfly)


So, hope the coffe/tea didn't go cold, LOL. I'd better go and do some work now then. So many things floating round in my head at the moment, think it's gonna burst sometimes!! Have a great day folks!

28 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
These are drop dead gorgeous. The gladioli are fabulous and the red cardinal is so lifelike. Amzing work.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Saskia said...

Lovely cards Teri!!! And your designs are GREAT!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Carol said...

Holy smokes Teri, I am just amazed every time I come to your blog and see your cards made with your newest images. You are so talented....that is the best cardinal image ever!!!! The Gladioli is just as awesome. Love your coloring and fabulous details. Great job on the sketch. Thank you so much for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol
Midnight Madness Design Team

Lovely Linda said...

Hello teri - your cards are amazing! I love the MMSC one - your easel card is perfect! What an adorable image and scuh gorgeous colours! Love it! Thanks for joining us this week at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, we appreciate you support and would love to see you join us again next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team!

Lisette Morris said...

Gorgeous! Both cards are stunning! Thanks for joining us at Truly Scrumptious!

craftykitten said...

Hi Teri,
Gorgeous cards hun, love the gladioli - they were my gran's favourite flowers. That cardinal looks so regal, just perfect for a Christmas card.
Hugs
Dawn x

Bonibleaux Designs said...

Love your submission this week but I am so in LOVE with your cardinal! Virginia state bird you know! Beautiful work Girl!!

{Jane} said...

Fab cards

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

mckinkle said...

Wow these cards are stunning Teri! Your colouring is just excellent especially on the gladioli.

Love the strong colours on the cardinal easel card, it is a stunning card.

Keryn x

mulberry station said...

Teri, these are absolutely gorgeous!!!
Nancy

Mervi said...

Great images and fabulous cards again,
sweet greetings;-))m

Priscilla said...

Ohhhh Terri, your cards are fantastic..I miss coming by your blog..I have been away and so busy lately, it is nice to come visit. Your blog looks GREAT too. Love the makeover. Your images as always are beautiful. Your card details and quality superb!! Thank you so much for joining in the fun this week at the Midnight Madness sketch challenge.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Curlybear said...

Hi Teri
lovely design and colours on all of your card they are amazing, thanks for joining us at SCSC101: Anything goes, Good luck, Hugs Bridget x. SCSC DT

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
two gorgeous cards hun, fabulous colouring, lovely layout, oh congrats you won ss last week, sue,x

pinky said...

Oh my goodness Teri you are ubber talented girl. Both these cards are absolutely stunning!! Thanks for playing along at the Corrosive Blog this week.
Pinky Guest DT

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Teri these are absolutely gorgeous, those flowers looks wonderful I love the colours you have used and I can see little bits of sparkle, perfect. As for that Red Cardinal, wow, what a true beauty your colouring, flowers and design...well...these are just awesome.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Happy Days said...

Stunning cards - the cardinal one is just breathtaking. x

Vanja said...

Gorgeous cards! Fabulous colours and images.
Thank you for joining us at CCT this week! :)
Hugs, Vanja

Kim said...

Teri, I'm truly speechless! YOur cards are scrumptious! Love the Gladioli, your colors are just picked from the garden perfectly!
The cardinal is stunning!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

marsha said...

Both of your card are just beautiful! Love the Gladioli, looks like it just came out of the garden! And the Christmas cardinal is just stunning, one of my favorites this week! Thanks for joining us for this week's Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge and hope you will join us again next week for another exciting challenge!!
Hugs,
Marsha
MMDT-GD

Basslady said...

brilliant cards! love all the wonderful details and the delicious papers!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Trina said...

These cards are both beautiful! WOW!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Stunning cards. You just have an amazing eye for colour and detail.
Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
Caroline xxx

Valerie said...

Very pretty. Just love your card.

KarinsArtScrap said...

this easelcard is great teri.
what a beautiful image and coloring

greetings karin

KarinsArtScrap said...

O I did't see that flower thats great too
lovely color.

greetings karin

Helen said...

Gorgeous cards!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Hi Teri!
This is gorgeous! Both of them! Love the purple gladioles and the red cardinal is to die for! What an amazing christmascard! Love that he is sitting on some kristorn (do you call it that?) anyway - great cards - as always!

Thanks for joining Midnight Madess Challenge. Your support is highly valued, and we hope to see you playing with us again real soon ;o)

Hugs
Gunn
MMSCDT