Sunday, 19 September 2010

An Autumn Fox

Hiya folks!

Hope you are all having a great weekend so far? Mine is a quiet one, eldest kids are on a sleepover, so won't see them until lunchtime. Youngest is still asleep, Dad watching telly, so I have a bit of peace this morning (yeay!)

My card today is showcasing one of my new images - Foxy the Fox - available now in my shop, Delicious Doodles. (Quick reminder - DT Call closes tomorrow!) I printed out Foxy large onto an A4 sheet of card, and coloured with watercolour pencils before scanning in and printing 3 times onto one sheet for my layering. By colouring in a large image I think I have even managed to make the fur look realisitic, what do you think?


My frame is made with a paper I designed myself using a leaf image I have in my shop, which had been coloured. I scanned the coloured version, repeated it several times, flipped and rotated in photoshop and put a graduated background behind them. Then I made a tinted version too for the main card. The darker brown paper is from Funky Fairies (no longer trading). I have followed the sketch from Sketch and Stash for my layout:


The flowers are made using several punches and a leaf punch, all bought from the local craft shop or ebay. The punches fit the challenge at Allsorts (use at least 3 punches) I have used 4. There is a wee gem in the flower centres too. I have used Autumnal colours, which fits the challenge at: Spoon Full of Sugar, and at Craft Your Days Away, where they also want to see Doodles. My last challenge for this card is at Totally Gorjuss, where the theme is 'Wild Thing'.


Righty then folks. Off to do some blurfing and some DT stuff later too, need to photograph a card, and finish up some colouring too. Busy day in the creative cavern today!! See you later peeps, and have a great day!

Hugs,
Teri xx

22 comments:

Saskia said...

Beautiful card and design Teri! I LOVE this one!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri

Wow girl foxy is gorgeous and yes I can see the fur - the colouring has worked perfectly. Hope you are having a relaxing Sunday.

Hugs Ali x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
I love the autumn colours you have used on this card. The layout is wonderful and I think that Fox is absolutely beautiful. You are what is brilliant as usual.
Hugs,
Fiona X

Lesley said...

Great card, the fox is so lovely! Thanks for taking part in the CYDA challenge xx

Fleur said...

WOW a fab card, beautiful warm colours & the fox looks fab
Thanks for joining my challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

Lynda said...

Cute Fox! and a fabulous card Teri - love the colours and the gorgeous background paper you've created too.

Love Lynda xxx

Sally H said...

Stunning card, Teri! Love those autumnal colours! Glad you got your card. Silly me thought it was 20th today, and meant to post it on your birthday, sorry! Have a wonderful day tomorrow!

Carol Ann said...

Beautiful card Teri just love that Fox! Thanks for playing along at CYDA this time.
Carol Ann xx

Sonia said...

Stunning card Terri, all those rich autumn colours. I love Mr Foxy, thanks for joining us at Sketch And Stash.
Hugs Sonia xxx

Kim said...

Teri,
I have these little critters around here in our woods. You certainly captured his look just perfectly!!!! I love the way you did your frame too! You are such a talent!!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Perfect & AMAZING!!! Your fall colors are perfect with this awesome fox image! I'm always so impressed with the dimension you achieve!! GREAT JOB (again!!)

Sue said...

Hi Hun
aww this is gorgeous, a lovely image, gorgeous papers & embelies, sue,xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

I like your foxy teri
he is gorgeous and your coloring came out well


greetings karin

Pascale said...

Hiya Teri he is goreous I love the colouring in on this one and the rich rusty colours. Hugs Pascale

Mary J said...

Stunning card! So clever!

Thanks for joining us at Totally Gorjuss and hope to see you for our next challenge!

mckinkle said...

Your fur colouring is impressive Teri, the shading is perfect too.

What a computer whizz you are, I am quite envious!

Great autumnal card!

Keryn x

Poppet said...

If I had an iota of your talent Teri I would be happy. Your colouring is fantastic and I love your choice of colours. :-) xx

coldwaters2 said...

Fabulous card Teri that fox looks terrific so do your flowers I love the colours so rich and Autumnal
Hugs
Lorraine x

Kirsten said...

stunning card the fox look fantasic...x

Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs Kirsten...x

Crafting Joanne said...

Such a gorgeous card Teri, the fox is wonderful and cute too.

Thank you for joining us for our latest challenge over at CYDA.

Hugs

Joanne xx

ScrappingBeauty said...

Awesome card Teri! That fox is so precious. I really love it.

A.J. said...

This is a great card, I love the fox image. Thank you so much for joining in with our Autumn Doodles challenge at Craft Your Days Away

Crafty Creations by AJ
Amanda