Friday, 3 September 2010

An Autumn Echinacea

Hiya folks!

Another lovely day here in NE Scotland, two loads of washing done, plus a handwash. Washing up all sorted, and this is after me saying yesterday that all I do is sit on my bum all day, LOL!!

Thought I would pop on here before I jump in the bath and post about my newest creation. I just finished this new sketch yesterday, of an Echinacea with a little honey bee on it. It is now uploaded to The Shop. I took my photos a few days ago as these Echinacea are now in full bloom in my garden. It's a very young plant so not many flowers as yet, but I do hope it grows a lot more as I love these. They cheer up the garden when it starts to fade, as mine has a bit now the summer is disappearing (eeek!!)

So this is a compilation of some of the flower heads and leaves. Doesn't look quite as compact as this in the garden, it's a bit straggly! So here is the watermark version:


And here it is in full colour, in close-up, complete with stickles:


I have made the card using a sketch from Pixie Cottage. I added some corners with my cuttlebug die and some ink and a few gems here and there. Not in the sketch I know, but it needed some bling! The gems and stickles fit the theme at Crafts and Me which is 'Gems and sparkle'. I also added a hand-made charm attached to a bow to fit the theme at Totally Papercrafts (charms). Here is the sketch:


My colour theme of White and Pale Green was for the challenge at Crafty Creations 'white plus one', and also at The Pink Elephant the theme is 'Mostly White'. Last but not least I am entering tis month's challenge at Get Funky, whose theme is 'Flower Fest with Layers'.


My cardstock is a lovely pearlescent white, to which I have smudged some green ink over the edges. The backing papers are all from Funky Hand 'Dreams Come True' cd. I have altered the colour to fit the colour scheme of this card - hope you don't mind ladies? Let me know if this is not allowed, and I won't do it again!!


In the background is some white ribbon from the stash. The ribbon for the bow is also from the stash. I hand-tied this and attached a charm that I made from bits of jewellery I bought in a sale. The image has been coloured with watercolour pencils before being scanned in a duplicated for my layers. I have also curled the petal edges too, to try and give the flower a bit more life.

Righty then, must get the bath done before me water gets cold!! See ya later folks!!

30 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Beautiful card based on a fantastic image. I love this image.
I got rave reviews for the poppy the other day so I hope it generates some business.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Katie said...

This is just stunning!!!!
Gorgeous artwork and all the shading and cutting is perfect!
Thanks for playing in The Pixie Cottage this week :)

mforquer said...

This is lovely! Love the greens and white together and your coloring is fab! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations this week!
melissa

Pascale said...

Wow this is stunning i love the little bumble bee on your flowers I just adore all this card. Hugs Pascale

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Absolutely stunning.
You make complex look so easy

KarinsArtScrap said...

o wow teri this is very beautiful
what a coloring and the embellishment is great too

greetings karin

Sue said...

Hi Hun
wow totally gorgeous card, a beautiful flower, lovely papers & design, luv the charm,thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

Allison said...

so elegant and pretty Terri
thanks for playing along at Get Funky this month again
AllisonX

Sharon said...

Beautiful card, love all the detail & the image is stunning & beautifully coloured.
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations.
Sharon x

Cheryl said...

oh wow this is simply stunning gosh,the detail you have put into this card really stands out just adore it,wonderful image too
bless you for playing at the pixie cottage this week,hope too see you again soon,love hugs cheryl xxxxx

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

what a gorgeous card! I love the beads and chains! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations!

Davi said...

Beautiful Card!! The sketch looks fab with The embossing, lovely flower and layers ! So glad you shared with us at the Pixie Cottage this week.

Sally H said...

Oh wow! That is totally stunning, Teri! one of my favourite flowers too!

Sharon said...

Sensational card Teri. You never fail to amaze me with the wonderful dimension you create in your projects. This is drop-dead gorgeous.
Thanks for joining us at the Pixie Cottage,
Sharon xx

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Love this image and your card is just beautiful!

Denise @ kc242 said...

What a beautiful card. Beautiful coloring of your wonderful image and fantastic embellishments! Wow well done! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pixie Cottage!
Denise
Pixie Cottage DT

Tanya R said...

Fantastic card, I love the image and the depth. Thank you for joining us this week at The Pixie Cottage.
Hugs
Tanya

Beautiful Greetings said...

Wow, Wow, Wow! This is just amazing. I love the coloring, the image, all the details...everything. Thanks for playing with the Pixie Cottage this week!

Kathy said...

Lovely card Teri, the Funky Hand papers make the perfect backdrop for your flower

artish said...

gorgeous on all accounts! from image to layers to those dangling pearls~ yum! thank you for playing at the pixie cottage!

Lythan said...

How clever to alter the colour of the paper and that hand drawn flower is exquisite
Thanks for Getting Funky with flowers this month :)

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Beautiful card. The flower is perfect and I love how you have layered it - it really brings it to life.
Thanks for joining us at TPC.
Caroline xxx

Tracy said...

stunning card love the soft colours and the beautiful image, so elegant. Tracy x

Debs said...

Stunning card Teri!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Get Funky this month.
Good luck
Debs xx

joey said...

Hiya Hunny

another stunner as always I love what you do with your drawings! thanks for joining us at tpc

Joey.x

Crafteezee said...

Wow, you have certainly brought that digi stamp to life. Gorgeous. Love all the bling. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me. Hugs Tracy x

Loopylou!! said...

teri that is such a beautiful flower hun and i love those little ornate corners you used too. thank you for getting funky with us this month! hugs Lou xxx

Tip Top said...

Stunning! Thanks for entering the Get Funky! Challenge – hope you can join us again next month! Get Funky!

Jules said...

Hi Teri

Another beautiful creation.

Your flower is gorgeous against your Funky papers!!

You certainly have a lot of patience to be able to cut all of those flowers!!

Great embellishments too.

Thank you for playing along with Get Funky! this month.

Love Jules xx

Vixykins said...

Stunning creation, love the colours you used, makes it so balanced and attractive x

Thank You for playing Crafts & Me challenge x