Friday, 20 August 2010

Vintage Waltz

Hiya folks!

What a let down after yesterday's gorgeous sunny start! Back to the wet stuff late in the afternoon, and the same since. Would be soooo nice to have a few good days in a row - might be able to get the lawn cut!!

My card for today then has been made with a few challenges in mind. I decided I wanted to use my 'Waltz' silhouette image to make a vintage style card with, as that is the theme at Creatalicious Challenges this time. 'Vintage' also turns out to be the new theme at Polka Doodles this week, so I am entering this there too.


I have followed the sketch from Midnight Madness for my layout.Wasn't too sure what to use for the 'gathered' bit at the side, then I remembered some old net curtain I had in the cupboard. So out it came and got itself cut up. Fiddly to stick or what?!! This stuff just doesn't want to do as it's told! You should see the mess of sticky bits behind the facade on this card!! Here is the sketch:


I was going to use a huge brooch for the card, but it was too heavy, so I had to resort to one of my trusty flowers instead! LOL. I have also used flowers for the corners - my 'Rose Corner' image coloured in a pale tan faded to white. I wanted the roses to look vintage. I think they work. The finished coloured version was scanned in and printed several times on an A4 sheet to get the layers. 'Flowers' are the theme over at Fab 'n' Funky this week, so I'm entering this here too.


My papers are digital and are from Funky Hand and Cupcake Designs. The flower is made with my usual punches. I have added stickles to the rose corners, the punched flower and round the oval frame too.

Okeedokee then. Need to go down the chemist now they're open and pick up some more skin cream. Still fighting the old Psoriasis, pain in the butt stuff and so sore! Anyone got any miracle cures?!! LOL. Honestly, I'm fed up with going around smelling like an old shed - this cream really mings!! See ya later folks!

16 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Your card is gorgeous. Love the silhouette and the flowers. Todays freebie is beautiful. Thanks so much.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Poppet said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS. I love everything about this card. The colours how the image looks, the flowers and paper. Have you printed the paper and base corner flower directly to the paper? The net looks great really delicate and whispish (if you know what I mean). The freebie roses look fantastic, I wish I had a quarter of your drawing talent. Thank you. :-) xx

Lynda said...

Your card is stunning Teri - love the image and the rose corners too. I would have loved to see you fighting with the net curtains though - pure genious lol.

Love Lynda xxx

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Thanks Teri, these are just lovely!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Teri I saw this card when I entered mine in the F'n' F challenge it caught my eye straight away, that image is gorgeous very classy and elegant and those rose corners are beautiful I love it. Thank you for the freebie
Hugs
Lorraine x

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is a beautiful card teri
lovely elegant dance couple
love your flowers in the corner and the glitter

greetings karin

Carol said...

Wow Teri-this is spectacular. Oh my gosh I love the roses on this too! What a beautiful composition. I just love everything about it. I want to title it "Dancing with the Stars" which is a very popular television show!!! lol Great job with the sketch. Thank you so much for playing along with us in the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Tracy said...

I love your choice of image and the design and finishing touches, thanks for joining Polkadoodles challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

pam124 said...

Teri, your creation this week is absolutely AWESOME!! LOVE that silhouette image, your colors, flowers and ribbon treatment!! Such beautiful work!!

Thanks SO MUCH for joining the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge and we hope you can come share your talent with us again next week!

Hugs
pam
MMSC-GD

Ginny said...

gorgeous, thanks for joining us at FnF

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Hi Teri!
This is divine! It is so very pretty. I don't care if it is a mess of glue - I don't see it and I don't want to see it 'cause all I see is pure beauty! Love the stickles around the dancing couple!

Thanks for joining Midnight Madess Challenge. Your support is highly valued, and we hope to see you playing with us again real soon ;o)

Mvh
Gunn
MMSCDT

brenda said...

What a really great and elegant card, thank you for sharing with us at Polkadoodles this week and good luck.

B x

Tip Top said...

Lovely card - really different! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

Hope Jacare said...

Lovely Vintage creation - thanks for playing along this week at Polkadoodles! Cheers Claire x

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

A beautiful card. Thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge

kaylou said...

Hi
wow this is an amazing project, thanks for ljoining us at Creatalicious.
Hugs Kaylou xoxo