Tuesday, 24 August 2010

Tuesday Taggers - Poem

Hiya folks!

Sheeesh, another drab start to the day. Doesn't fill one with any inspiration all this grey and wet and chilly stuff. Whatever happened to our summer?

I did however have a small splash of inspiration over the weekend. My teamie over at Tuesday Taggers has challenged us all to make something inspired by a poem this week. Oh dear! was my first thoughts, as I don't do poems. Last time I read a poem was by force during my 'O' Levels at school!! BUT then I thought, aren't songs a form of poetry?? So I decided to do a card inspired by a song.


I remember an old TV programme called Butterflies which had a theme tune 'Love is like a Butterfly', so I googled it and found out it was a Dolly Parton song! I copied the text from the first verse, as this says it all really.


I have framed it in a die cut framabilities shape cut from pearlescent cream card, which I also used to cut the butterflies using a shapeabilities die. I have teamed the cream up with some blue bazill-like card that I got from my local craft shop. I have used the sketch from Cute Card Thursday for my layout:


Now I have come across a few challenges that I wanted to enter this week, so I decided to combine them all with this one! The colour theme is from the 'blue and cream' challenge at SCSC. There are some die-cuts on this card and these are the challenge at Charisma Cardz this week. I have also used a few punches too, mainly for the leaves, and also the little butterflies, and also the panels behind the frame. Last thing was to add some blue dimension paint here and there. I am also entering at Crafty Creations as their theme is Butterflies too.

Hope you ladies don't find it too difficult finding a poem, just remember - I used a song! (me bad!) Hop on over to Tuesday Taggers then and catch some more wonderful creations from my DT sisters, see you there folks!

24 comments:

Saskia said...

Hello Teri!

Lovely card for Crafty Creations Challenge! Thanks for joining us and good luck!!

Greet, Saskia
(guest designer)

**I've got a polka-dots candy on my blog, feel free to take a look**

Clare said...

Wow such a beautiful card Teri. Now you have definitely taken me back to my childhood with Butterfly's!! and who knew that was a Dolly Parton song!. Your card is so very pretty and that framabilities die is gorgeous. Big hugs Clare xxx

PatR said...

Stunning card Teri, love those gorgeous butterflies.
xx

Poppet said...

This looks fantastic Teri, it should be framed. :-) xx

mulberry station said...

Teri, this couldn't be more beautiful! Love it, love it!!!
Nancy

Max said...

Beautiful Teri - love the cream and blue combination with all those pretty butterflies.
Oh My Giddy Aunt! I remember that programme and used to watch it religiously. Wendy Craig was absolutely fabulous as the frustrated, unappreciated and often 'ditzy' housewife/mother. I was fairly young so am sure there was probably a lot of subliminal messages I missed but it was an entertaining comedy series which made good family viewing. Wish there were more programmes like that on tv now.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

georgina said...

love this Teri,luv Georginaxx

Dragonlady said...

I think it is fabulous Teri, a great idea to do the first verse like this.

Hugs Ali x

Dragonlady said...

I think it is fabulous Teri, a great idea to do the first verse like this.

Hugs Ali x

little angel said...

very cute card!I love the sweet colors and the butterflies are so nice!
thanks for playing with us at CCT
christine

Anneke klerks said...

HOI
i KNOW THAT SONG
yOUR CART IS BEAUTYFUL!!
LOVE aNNEKE

mforquer said...

Wow this is wonderful - what a perfect part of a song for our Challenge with butterflies. This is really lovely! TFS with us at Crafty Creations Challenge!
Melissa

Sue said...

Hi Hun
gorgeous card, luv the poem. beautiful design, luv the colour, sue,x

Clarky J said...

This is Fabulous Teri x Janet

Lynda said...

This is fabulous Teri. Love everything about it and the soft blues and aqua look gorgeous with the brown.

Love Lynda xxx

Von said...

brought to mind the TV series with Wendy Craig :)lovely card
Von

mckinkle said...

Super card Teri, I love the butterflies, they look so elegant. The die cut frame is stunning too!

Keryn x

Sally H said...

It's a gorgoeus card, hun! I love the delicate colours and the butterflies. I used to watch the programme too. Had a really big crush on the older son (NOT Nicholas Lyndhurst!!!)

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Teri I am in love with this beauty the colours those butterflies and the poem it is gorgeous.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Kim said...

I love this stunning card! Your blues are so soft and elegant! THe butterflies and border punch are fab too! I really needed to read this poem! It really put a smile in my heart and made me think of my Honeybee!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is stunning. Beautiful layout and punched borders and gorgeous butterfly. I love the sentiment.
Hugs,
Fiona x

crafty amy said...

Wow Teri I don't think you can make a bad card I LOVE it!

Hugs

Amy xx

Cathy said...

So beautiful and elegant. Thank you for joining in the SCSC this time.
Cathy xx

Zoechaos said...

Gorgeous card wonderful. Thank you for the reminder of that great song as well its playing in my head now LOL xx Zoe