Monday, 16 August 2010

Sweet Pea Stampers - Swirls and Flourishes/FREEBIE BASH

Hiya folks!

I hope you all had a great weekend? I'm pleased to say the sun came out for us for a change - I even got rid of some weeds that were threatening to take over the garden!!

Time for a new challenge over at Sweet Pea Stampers, which this week is 'Swirls and Flourishes'. Here is what I made with this theme:


I have used papers from Papermania 'Henbury Lane' for this card, and I followed the sketch from Fussy and Fancy Friday for my layout. Just noticed I left off the sentiment, and put flowers there instead - bother, I knew things were going too well!!


The challenge at Fab 'n' Funky is to use your favourite colour - hard choice that, LOL. Of course it had to be purple! I coloured my image with the usual watercolour pencils, and have added liberal amounts of stickles!


My flowers are made using the usual punches with gems for the centres. The wee corner flourishes are vinyl stickers that I have had for ages but not used. I stuck them to some spare paper from the set I used and cut around them so I could use them with foam pads underneath.

There are two stamps as a prize this week - and don't forget to enter the 'August Entrants Candy' as well!!

***NOTE***

As of September we will be changing our challenge day to a Friday, just to give all you weekend crafters more time to create! I hope you will be able to join us!


*************************************


Welcome to Day 2 of my
Delicious Doodles First Birthday
FREEBIE BASH!

All this week I am offering ONE FREEBIE every day - just for that day - so if you want to celebrate with me this week just pick up this FREEBIE and create something!!

As a little Extra Special Something, I have decided to have a competition too - with TEN of my digi's as the prize!!

Keep your eyes peeled for that one -
details to follow on Saturday 21st
-
You will need to pick up one of my FREEBIES this week to be eligible for entry.

So without further ado, here is the SECOND FREEBIE - Bee and Flower:

Yeah, I know, this is a watermarked image - head over to the Delicious Doodles Shop for your FREEBIE

Enjoy!!

11 comments:

Donna said...

Stunning card Teri, such a pretty colour combo with the black...a really gorgeous card...I'm glad the sun has come out for you :) Donna x

joey said...

Hiya Hun

gorgeous card I love the lilacs!

Joey.x

Doreen said...

A gorgeous creation Teri,I love the colouring of the image.xxx

Sally H said...

Love your card - stunning colouring. Thanks for the lovely bee x

Pascale said...

OOh great colours and gorgeous colouring and layout. Love it!xxx Hugs Pascale

Chelsea said...

Great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining the Fussy & Fancy girls, How you'll stop back and play again.

crafty amy said...

Oh my gosh Teri this is truely stunning! your colouring is just incredible and I love the sparkle :D
Thank you as well for the freebie I can't believe I missed the first one but will make sure I am here for the rest.

Hugs

Amy xx

sweetbloominscraps said...

Hello Teri, Thanks for stopping by this week and leaving your sweet comment. I certainly love your card this week. Beautiful coloring! And I still love your flowers! Miss you! Have a great week! Looks like a fun one with all your freebies and fun competition!

Kim said...

Teri,
THis card is so stunning! I love that it is featuring so many beautiful shades of purple...the swirls and flourishes add such a touch of elegance adn I love how you colored her up!
blessings,
Kim xXx

Lindsey said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us at Fab and Funky this week x

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

WOW Teri!!!
love this one...so elegant!!!