Monday, 2 August 2010

Sweet Pea Stampers - Sketch

Hiya folks!

How did your weekend go then? Mine was spent wishing I could sleep! Blooming music festival was soooooo loud! I'm sure we lost some more mortar! If only they would turn the bass down a bit. Hubby took D1 and S1 over on Saturday night, they had a great time watching the Hayseed Dixies (an AC/DC tribute band with a country twist) Must admit though, these guys were not as loud as others, so I managed to nod off now and again. Had to stay home with D2, as she would not have liked the noise.

The craft fair in the marquee yesterday was so naff as well. I thought I would nip over to get some inspiration. BOY was I disappointed!! There was all the usual stuff, wood turned things, jewellery by the bucketload, knitted baby stuff, tea-towels, corn dollies, one table with sweeties, and maybe about ten tables with paintings/photos and cards on. Nothing really jumped out at me. D1 bought an engraved keyring, D2 wanted a sweetie, S was as unimpressed as I was. Cheap day out or what?! LOL Spent the rest of the afternoon in the beer tent watching some folk do some tunes for a competition. Even that got the kids bored, so we came home.


Ah well, time for my card which today is my DT piece for Sweet Pea Stampers. This week we have a yummy sketch for you to follow. I chose to use a printable pyrimage sheet from the Crafty Purple Frog this time, but I made it into a decoupaged image. No colouring required this week!! Here is the sketch:


I'm not a great fan or pyrimage, the layers look all wrong when I do it, so I stick to decoupage. My backing papers this time are from The Pink Petticoat. The flowers and leaves are punched from bazzil and some spare papers and card, with dimension paint and stickles on the petals, gems and a brad for their centres. The butterfly is made by cutting out round an embossed papermania butterfly shape. I dotted some ink through the embossing folder for the pinky/red colour, topped with some stickles, and wire for the antena (spelling?) My sentiment is computer generated with stickles round the edge, gems and ribbon from the stash.


I am entering a few challenges with this one:

Digital Tuesday - Dazzle plus digital image (yes - the printable sheet is digital)
Flutterby Wednesday - Open theme (must include Fairy/Angel or Butterfly)
CRAFT - Hot and Spicy Colours
Colour Create - Hot Pink-Warm Orange and Saffron + butterflies
Craftalicious - Make your own flowers

Right then peeps - you NEED to get over to Sweet Pea Stampers, not just for some yummy inspiration, but to have a nosey at the August Entrants Candy!! Fabby winnings there folks! Get out your Sweet Pea Stamps and get entering!!

14 comments:

Pascale said...

Hi Teri this is so opulant and I love the touches of glitter. Beautiful in everyway. Hope you have recovered from the festival now hun. Hugs Pascale

Vanessa (aka V, Nessa, oldschool) said...

so beautiful Teri...she jumps right outta the card!!!

Barb said...

OMG. Teri, your coloring is beyond amazing! You have brought that sweet pea stamp to life! All of the other details & glitter are wonderful as well, but I'm still staring at that image!!

michelle said...

Oh Teri,

There must be Festivals all over the Country at the moment.

Sidmouth Poppy has just been blogging about the Festival in Sidmouth, Devon.

Love the card:)
love
Michelle x

crafty amy said...

Oh My Gosh Teri this is stunning!! You have totally worked the sketch and this decoupage thank you so much :D
I hope you get some sleep and peace and quiet.
Hugs

Amy xx

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Teri this is quite stunning that image and colours are wonderful so are the flowers and butterfly beautiful card thank you for sharing it with us at Digital Tuesday this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Dragonlady said...

Gorgeous card hun, love the choice of colours and the puss as well of course!!

Hugs Ali x

Danni said...

Wow!! This is just stunning and so gorgeous! What a fabulous job you did! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Hope Jacare said...

Thanks for playing along at C.R.A.F.T. in our hot and Spicy challenge. Super project Teri - love all the embellies and the fab colour! Cheers Claire x

Julie said...

This is beautiful Teri, I love all the dimension. Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week.
Julie x

Crafteezee said...

Wow Teri, these colours are just Gorgeous. Stunning card and love all the embellishments.

Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious this week.

Hugs Tracy x
P.S. I have some candy on my blog if you want to pop over.

Tasha said...

Stunning card Teri, love it :-)
Thanks for joining us over at Craftalicious
Hugs
Tasha
xxxxxx

Biscuitlid said...

oooh this is so pretty, you've done a fab job of the colours ad your punched flowers are just yummy

Thanks so much for joining in at Colour Create
Hugs
Victoria
x

Dena said...

OMG Teri! I have seriously fallen off my chair looking at your card!!! This is AMAZING!!!! Wow! so much detail and the way you used the colors.....awesome!!!!
Thank you for joining the Colour Create Challenge!
Hugs, Dena