Monday, 23 August 2010

Sweet Pea Stampers - Lace and Pearls

Hiya folks!

Hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was uneventful, nice and peaceful for a couple of hours on Sunday as hubby took the kids to the cinema.

My card today is my DT piece for Sweet Pea Stampers, and our theme this week is 'Lace and Pearls'. I have decided to keep mine simple this time, no extra flowers and froo-froo! (ish)


I used Ching-Chou Kuik's 'Thousand Years Waiting' from Sweet Pea Stamps for my image today, coloured with the usual watercolour pencils with a few spots of stickles.

My papers are by Little Scrap Garden. I used a green spotty one for the frame, and a pink tiny spotted one behind the image with lace on top. The spotty theme was done for the Pixie Dust challenge of 'polka dots' this week. I have used a sketch from Sketch and Stash for my layout:


I added some big pearly brads either side of the image, with smaller sticky pearls in the scalloped area on the same panel. This was made with a Martha Stewart border punch. I have also added some little white spots round the edge of the card as it was looking very dull there. My colour theme of 'pink and green' fits the theme at Penny's Challenges this week.


Just a little note for you folks:
Sweet Pea Stampers will be going to a fortnightly format from September, so you ladies can have even more time to cook up some yummies!! See you there folks!

17 comments:

Jackie said...

Hi Teri...long time no speak. This is FABULOUS, love everything about it, thank you for sharing and playing along at Pennys this week. Hope you are keeping well... hugs Jackie xxx

mckinkle said...

Such a delicate card Teri, lovely papers and the image is super. Your colouring is ace!

Fab sketch, methinks I might nab that and have a play also!

Keryn x

Pascale said...

This is really tranquil I love it Teri. Hugs Pascale

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
I love this card. Beautiful colours and a gorgeous image. The embellishments are wonderful.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

this is so fab Teri!!!
love the lace & great pearls!
your image is colored to perfection!!!

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the design and your colouring of the image.xxx

mulberry station said...

Wow!!! This is absolutley gorgeous Teri! I love the added lace and beads. Your paper is just perfect to..

Sally H said...

It's absolutely beautiful, Teri! Love the lace and pearl border

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card terry, beautifully coloured and pretty embellished!
Clairex

Lynda said...

Beautiful card Teri - love the image and pink and green is my favourite colour combo! Am trying so hard to get caught up so that I can have a good old play with your digi images. Thanks so much for the freebies all last week.

Love Lynda xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow this is beautiful teri
great coloring love that lace and the pearls too

greetings karin

Poppet said...

STUNNING card Teri, nuff said OK!! :-) xx

Jolara said...

that is so beautifull ! Thanks for joining the Pixies this week ! Joyce

Courtney said...

This is beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at Penny's. Good Luck!

~Courtney~
PPCC DT

Sue said...

oh my this is stunningly beautiful.gorgeous colours and the lace really sets it off beautifully:)

thank you for using my sketch and for joining us at sketch and stash

sue
xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Teri ,,, and yes someone did get the dates a bit wobbly !!! ME !! am so sorry ,, can you pop back and link it :-)

luv
Lols x x x

crafty amy said...

Teri this is simply stunning I LOVE everything about it

Hugs

Amy xx