Monday, 9 August 2010

Sweet Pea Stampers - Carnival Colours

Hiya folks!

Hey, guess what?? We actually saw the sun here yesterday!! Woah! So much so that I got one whole load of washing dried without the use of the poor old tumble dryer. A-MA-ZING! Trouble is, back to the wet stuff today - boooo!

So, I need the colours of this week's Sweet Pea Stampers challenge to cheer me up. We are celebrating Carnival season, and want to see your Carnival colours. Yum! I chose some bright, mostly primary colours here, with a bit of green and orange thrown in for good measure.


I have used 'Poppy Love' for my image on this card, coloured with my usual watercolour pencils, with stickles in her hair. For my layout I used the sketch at CRAFT:


I also followed the recipe over at Creative Inspirations: 5 flowers (ooops, more than 5 here!) 3 papers, 1 ribbon (small red bow). I have used my punches for the flowers, and a little sizzix tag die with my rather naff handwritten sentiment on. Wish I had nice handwriting! A few gems and a bit more stickles and job done.


Your turn now then - let's see all those yummy colours peeps!! For more inspiration from my DT sistah's, head over to the Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge Blog - there is some fabulous Entrants Candy up for grabs too!!


**************************


Delicious Doodles is ONE YEAR OLD

on 17th August!!!

WOW, where has this year gone to???

To celebrate, I have decided to have a FREEBIE bash every day of that week - that means you can get your little mitts on a DIGI-A-DAY from

Sunday 15th through to Saturday 21st August.

I will be posting the FREEBIES over at the Delicious Doodles Shop - one per day - just for that day. So if you want it, come and get it!!

Feel free to advertise it folks!! Here's a banner:


Thanks to everyone of my customers, old and new, for your support and the wonderful creations you have made with my little doodlings!! I really do appreciate each and every one of you.

Mwuah!! And big hugs to all -

Teri x

14 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Wow what a splash of gorgeous colour. Great image and I love the flowers. This is awesome.
Yep the rain is back here too.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

so pretty Teri!!!
very lively looking!!!

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri

Wow what a gorgeously bright colourful card.
Congratualtions on the Birthday too, lovely images.

Hugs Ali x

Julie said...

A gorgeous card Teri, such lovely vibrant colours and a fab take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T.
Julie x

Sue said...

Hi Ya Hun
aww Happy Birthday Delicious Doodles scarey how the time goes eh. Gorgeous card awesome colouring, luv all the colours in it, lovely papers & embelies hun, sue,x

Suzi said...

Wow!! Terry, I'm loving this, the image colour combo and all those adorable flowers. Fantastic take on the sketch. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week with your lovely creation.
Hugs
Suzi xx

Sally H said...

Beautiful, Teri! Glad to hear you got some sunshine too! I must remember to pop a post on my blog about your delicious doodles. I finally finished washing - it's all dry and put away and I've cleaned some of the house too! Don't know what's come over me!

Kim said...

You definitely rocked the carnival of colors! This is bold and beautiful! I love how you did a rainbow of color in the flowers and the image! the border is great too and love the bitty tag!
Blessings,
kim xXx

mulberry station said...

Your card is gorgeous Teri.. I love the sparkle in her hair.

Mona Evy said...

A beautiful card Teri and I love your colouring and design. A very sweet image too. Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog!

crafty amy said...

Hiya hun :D
This is so amazing I love the bright colours and the flowers are fantastic!!

Hugs

Amy xx

P.S. Congrats on reaching the one year mark :D

Eiglas said...

As always Teri - a stunning creation! Perfect interpretation of my sketch too!
Thank you so much for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T this week!
Hugs,
Eiglas
x

Hope Jacare said...

Thanks for playing along at C.R.A.F.T. this week with Ei's Sketch! Wonderful card Teri - the colour is amazing! Cheers Claire x

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is beautiful teri
what great colors you have used
I love sweet pea stamp they look fantastic
love those flowers too


greetings karin