Thursday, 19 August 2010

The Sugar Bowl and First Birthday FREEBIE day 5

Hiya folks!

It's a lovely day here in NE Scotland (for a change) might get that washing out! LOL Isn't it amazing how a bit of sun can brighten up the way we feel?


My card for today is also full of cheer - it's another Christmas Card! This is my entry into The Sugar Bowl Challenge, who have a yummy sketch to follow, and an added (optional) requirement of 'Something Old, Something New'. Here is the sketch:


My 'something old' is the cardstock, some white linen-effect card I have had for a couple of years. It was part of a set of stuff I bought from Create & Craft. The 'something new' bit is the image itself. I bought this from Funky Kits a couple of weeks ago, and have only just got round to inking it up! (me bad!)

My dp's are from various places, all digital and manipulated by me to get the right shades for this project. Talking of shades, this is meant to be Aqua in colour to enter the challenge at Totally Gorjuss this week. Never quite sure of the difference between aqua and turquoise, but I think it's OK though.


I have added liberal amounts of glitter in the shape of some stickles in two colours. I bought these from my local craft store, which happens to be Papercrafts Boutique in Elgin (home of Sugar Nellie Stamps) - dead handy huh?! This fits the new challenge this week at MAWTT which is 'glitter'

This lovely little Christmas Manga stamp has been coloured with my usual watercolour pencils. I have cut round the image and raised her up on foam pads, along with the circle shape behind her, and the star shape behind that. You know me - I love my layers! I have also added some stickles to her hair and the baubles. Last addition was some gems in the corners - almost a perfect match, but a little too green I think. Whatever! It's the closest colour I had to match with.

OK, off to take advantage of the sun now then - washing out, then garden sorting I think, see you later folks!


******************************

Welcome to Day 5 of my
Delicious Doodles First Birthday
FREEBIE BASH!

All this week I am offering ONE FREEBIE every day - just for that day - so if you want to celebrate with me this week just pick up this FREEBIE and create something!!

As a little Extra Special Something, I have decided to have a competition too - with TEN of my digi's as the prize!!

Please go HERE for all the competition details
You will need to pick up one of my FREEBIES this week to be eligible for entry.

So without further ado, here is the FIFTH FREEBIE - A little Christmas image, Penguin With Gifts:

13 comments:

Sally H said...

Gorgeous card! I've had two stamps arrive from the very same shop this morning. Thanks for the gorgeous penguin. He is lovely!

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow -what a wonderfully fabulous sparkly card - i love her hair
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
Lisa ;)

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW love it. Mmmm still sunny here so fingers crossed u still have it too!!!! Thanks for entering this week on MAWTT Love Hazelxoxox

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi Teri, wow what a super sparkly card, thanks for joining in our challenge this week over at MAWTT, hugs Heidi x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is a great card. I love your interpretation of the sketch and the image is gorgeous.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Elaine said...

Gorgeous card Teri.
This is a fab take on the sketch, love all the glitter and the layers, and your sentiment is perfect.
Thanks for joining in the Sugar Bowl Challenge.
Love Elaine xx

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Love the card and all the freebies you have been so generous with. x

KarinsArtScrap said...

this card is beautiful teri
love the coloring and the glitter in her hear


greetings karin

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Teri this is gorgeous what a wonderful central image and design it is really eye-catching I love it and thank you once again for the freebie.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous sparkly card I just love that image
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
Hugs Shell xx

Micki said...

dang girl, lovin' that card. I would have been totally intimidated with that sketch but you nailed it. Love the colors too of the card which really make your colored image pop. Love it. :-)

Sarah B said...

Love the card, This beautifully coloured cutie sits well in the centre of the star, Thanks for joinin gin the challenge over at the Sugar Bowl, Goos Luck, Hugs Sarah B X

Brenda Brown said...

Wow what a beautiful card Teri, it is stunning.
Glad you could join us for the glitter challenge at MAWTT this week. Hope to see your designs again soon.
Luv Brenda xxxx