Saturday, 21 August 2010

Spooky, yet Romantic and FREEBIE BASH last day!

Hiya folks!

It's a great start to the weekend here in NE Scotland, if a little blustery. But at least the sun is shining (for now!)

I have a wierd sort of offering for you today. It's a bit girly, a bit Goth, a bit romantic and spooky all rolled into one! LOL. 'Why?' you ask. Well, it's all Barb's fault, our Menacing Mistress of the Macabre over at Haunted Design House that is. Her challenge this week is to make a project using three images - yes - three!! AND she and her minions bestowed upon me the awesome title of 'Mistress of the Macabre' for the month of July - cheers ladies! So here I am with my card for this challenge:


Naturally I have used my own Delicious Doodles images (no surprise there then!) I have had the main image 'Love's Faded Memory' drawn up for a few weeks - but I forgot to upload it to the shop!! I've put that right now, so it's available for any of you spooky peeps who are interested! LOL. I have also used another new image 'Webby Corner' which I have overlaid onto the main image in various sizes and in two colours.

I added a splash of colour to the rosebud which matches my colour scheme of Purple and Black (again, no surprise there!) and some stickles round the frame before layering onto purple core-dinations. This has been raised too for a bit of depth. My layout follows the sketch over at Creative Inspirations, sorry ladies if you were expecting something cute and fluffy, LOL!!


At The Pink Elephant this week the theme is to use 'Ribbon and Sparkle'. There is some ribbon behind the main image, some black and purple organza from the stash. I have also added as the third image my little 'BAT-erfly', coloured in with watercolour pencils, scanned and printed for layering. That's the handy thing with digi's - you can resize them to suit your project.


These digi's fit the challenge over at Stamp Something this week, as they require 'Digi's' this time. Yep, that's what I do!! And at Stamping for the Weekend there is an 'Anything Goes' theme, so I am entering here too. Another challenge I am entering this in is a new one on the block, Craft Your Days Away who's theme this week is 'Wings'. Again, sorry for the spooky theme ladies - my wings are on the BAT-erfly.

I was going to enter a couple of other challenges that had a butterfly theme, but I figured my Bat-erfly wouldn't quite fit in there, LOL. Never mind - I think I have enough to go on with here! tee-hee! See ya later peeps!

24 comments:

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri

Sorry I haven't been by lately - not been around and now am playing catch up. THank you for the freebie rudolf he is soooo cute.
THis card is amazing, the skull is so lifelike! and of course I love the colours you have chosen.
Happy Birthday to your digi shop and may you have many more.

Hugs Ali x

mckinkle said...

oooh what a fab card Teri! I saw the image and didnt think Id be able to make it coome to life so seeing your version is great and quite inspiring!

I wish Id know you had a personal blog long ago! Never mind, better late than never!

Keryn x

Aunty Sue said...

oh wow i am loving this and what you have produced with the sketch, thanks for joining creative inspirations this week.

Doreen said...

Wow Teri this card is fabulous love the scull.Thanks for sharing this withus at CYDA.xxx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Your card is fantastic. The artwork as always is stunning. I love the colours.
Well now I have all seven freebies and the digis I bought so I'll have to get a card made for the competition.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Dazie said...

I was here having a browse at your wonderful creation earlier and now I am back to leave a comment.

I love the colours and the batterfly brilliant!

Thanks for joining us at cyda!
Dazie
x

craftykitten said...

Hi Teri,
Aww he is just such a cutie, thanks. I missed a couple of your freebies but have the others so will try and get a card made real soon.
Hugs
Dawn x

Bonibleaux Designs said...

Girl I have been having a blast going back over all of your AWESOME creations this week in celebration of your anniversary/birthday!! This is FAB gonna have to add this to the Grotty Gargoyle!! LOL

jackiescrafts said...

What a fantastic card, your art work is amazing

Thanks for playing along at CYDA

Jackie x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Teri this is terrific I so love that image brilliant work as always and thank you for this super cute freebie I am going to try so hard and enter your challenge lol.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Sally H said...

Stunning card, Teri! I love the purple and black!

coldwaters2 said...

Teri it is me again I forgot to let you know that I have left an award for you on my blog.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Sue said...

Hi Hun
wow that card is awesome, luv what you have done with it, spooky but lovely!!! sue,x

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Pure gorgeousness! LOVE the skull image and the color scheme is my favorite!! I'll be entering your contest in the hopes of picking up this and more of your gorgeous images!

Kim said...

Teri,
I'm so sorry to be mia duing all your celebrating! School is whipping me this year! I'm not gettting home until after 6 each evening and then doing school work until bed...
I LOVE this spooky card! YOur image and the bat are amazing!!!! My Ashlea saw this one and she want it for her friends at Halloween, so I'll be getting it for sure!
Congrats on your incredible year! You so deserve to celebrate!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Hi Terri - Loving this ALL - guess I know where my pennies are going at the end of the month, there are so many stamps you have created that I covert. xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow this is beautiful and scary
in one card
love your coloring
great card


greetings karin

Susan's crafty chaos said...

Just fabulous Teri, I love it! :D Thanks for playing along with HDH this week, hope to see you next week too :D

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh Teri,this is just FANTASTIC! Will bepopping over for that image, FOR SURE! Gorgeous color scheme and dimension on the Batterfly and flower. I love it! Thanks for joining us at HDH! xxD

blackdragon said...

YOUR BEST YET!
TRUELY HONESTLY YOU ARE INCREDIBLE!
love always my terribly talented friend.
lynx

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Gorgeous and spooky!!!

Thanks for playing with us at The Pink Elephant!

lachsekatze said...

Beautiful card. The colours are my favourites: purple and black. And the Bat-erfly is great - at first I didn't realised that it was fantasy creature. The card itself is very romantic but with this little twist that shows how bittersweet love can be. Btw: the tiny fangs of the skull and the white cobwebs made my imagination spin and brought ideas of vampires died in sunlight into my mind.

Carol Ann said...

Fantastic card very different. Thanks for playing along at CYDA.
Carol Ann xx

Barb said...

I love Love LOVE this, Teri! Beautiful work as always... thanks so much for playing along with Macabre Monday!