Saturday, 28 August 2010

Lovely Little Blue Tit

Hiya folks!

No I'm not freezing to death! A Blue Tit over here in the UK is a little bird with a blue cap on it's head. These little fellas are so busy flitting all over the place. I have a new family visiting my bird feeders, it's lovely to see them and they give me such cheer every time I do. I finally got to take a decent(ish) photo, albeit very blurred, but with a bit of imagination I think I managed to get a pretty good likeness:


He is now available in my Delicious Doodles Shop. BTW - I now have a new Delicious Doodles Blog which will feature all my new creations, as well as Customer Submissions, and creations from a brand new DT, when I have decided who to choose that is! LOL. So if you would like to work with my digital images (no pressure, as there isn't a challenge blog involved yet) then head over to the Shop for application details, or see the stickie at the top of this blog.


Righty then, to my card for the weekend. I have used a sketch from The Pink Elephant for this creation, along with my Blue Tit image:


The papers are from Tinker & Co's new 'Duckie' kit. Ribbon, floral arrangement and gems are from the stash. I have coloured the Blue Tit image with the usual watercolour pencils, scanned to the compy and printed 3 times onto some photo paper (matt) to make my layers. Then it was a snippy-snip-snip job before layering up with foam pads.


I am also entering this wee chappie into the challenge at Papertake Weekly as they have a '3-2-1 of anything' recipe, and at Fab 'n' Funky as they have a recipe too '3 x dp's, 2 x embellies' and 1 x image'. I think it will also fit the bill at CRAFT this week, as they want 'Birthday's or Celebrations', it's my DD no1's 12th Birthday on September 12th, so I made this for her.

OK then. Need to go tidy the shed(s) now then, and weed the garden, and do some washing. Wish hubby would get up and sort the blooming shed. After all, most of it is his car rubbish (from cars that bit the dush years ago!), oh, and a few garden bits here and there, and old kiddies play stuff that broke and needs to go to the skip. No good, will have to get the proverbial whip out (oooo-er missus!) See ya later peeps!

10 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This card is gorgeous. Another fantastic image from your talented hand. Beautiful.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Suzi said...

Hi Teri, what a lovely card this is, I love the image and how you've coloured it and layered it up. Delightful. Thank you joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week, good luck in the draw.
Hugs
Suzi x

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful bird teri
great card


greetings karin

lil-paper-pixie said...

Simply stunning Teri.x

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Hi Teri!! WOW....this is gorgeous!! Love your take on this weeks sketch!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant!!
Sheri-TPE DT

mulberry station said...

I love your new image Teri.. Love how you colored it up too!!

andrea said...

gorgeous card and beautiful image,thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky
andrea

Emma H said...

Beautiful card, I love the little Blue Tit (and your comment about not being cold!)
Thanks for playing along with Fab N Funky

Trimgym said...

Lovely card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck!

Jo and Tigerlover.

Carla aka scrappypug said...

How cute! I love that little bird! Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly!