Tuesday, 3 August 2010

Loads of Yummy Black

Hiya folks!

Another grey day here in NE Scotland. When will we get our summer?? LOL. Me thinks we had it already for a couple of days earlier in the year!

Well, I have started to get into Halloween mode - you may have noticed the spider card a few posts ago. And here is another one! Not a spider this time, LOL. Our new theme over at Tuesday Taggers has been set by our own very lovely Lyn, aka Blackdragon, and it is 'Black'. Surprise huh? LOL.


I have wanted to draw a Grotesque or Gargoyle image for a while. Trouble is there seems to be a bit of confusion over the definition of a Grotesque or a Gargoyle, so I thought 'why not call it Grotesque Gargoyle'. Saves confusion! LOL. I have now loaded this wee chap into my Delicious Doodles Shop for those who may wish to purchase it (don't be scared - he doesn't bite!LOL)

I have used a sketch from Sweet Stampin' for my layout:


Sorry ladies - not so sweet huh? I am also entering this at Haunted Design House, as their theme is 'Foul Flutterings'. Not so much of a flutter here - more of a loud flap me thinks!

I have used black cardstock, with black core-dinations that I ran though a cuttlebug embossing folder. I rubbed it with sandpaper to get the purple underneath to come through, then I smeared silver rub-on over it too, as well as round the cardstock.


The corners are made using a Shapeabilities Fleur-de-Lys die which I cut in four and trimmed a bit to get rounder edges. I smeared this with silver rub-on too. I stuck these on with foam pads to raise them up a bit. There is also some gorgeous black guiper lace trim that I got from ebay across the card under the image. I have added some black pearls and black gems for a bit of bling.

My Gargoyle image was coloured (?) with grey watercolour pencil before scanning into the compy and printing out several times for the layers. I have used foam pads for the dimension. Could do with getting some 1mm pads I think. These 2mm ones are rather thick!

OK folks! Hope I didn't scare anyone with this. I love how this turned out with it's Gothic feel. Those corners just seem to finish it off just right, I'm glad I decided to use them now. Your turn then, let's see what yummy blackness you all come up with. If you want more inspiration you need to head over to the Tuesday Taggers Challenge Blog. Some fabulous yumminess over there!!

24 comments:

blackdragon said...

You are a true GENIUS!
I adore this ....I adore gargoyles....i have 2 perched above my craft room door....my girls call them Charlie and Peter... scary names hey? I wish i had 1 oz of your drawing talent... you live up to the name i gave you TERRIBLY TALENTED TERI.
AWESOME, INCREDIBLE, FANTASTIC and a 100 other words that i cant think of.... Ter you really are TERRIFIC!
Love always lynx

Cath Wilson said...

Well, can't call THIS pretty, lol, but it's striking and absolutely fantastic!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is truly awesome. The image is fantastic - you really are good. I'm not into halloween but this is magnificent.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Dragonlady said...

Hi teri

When I saw the TT post I knew this card was yours. Your Gargoyle is amazing - I must say it again - you are so clever. I love your creation and how you have used black card.

HUgs Ali x

PS If it is any consolation it is grey in Devon too!!

crafty amy said...

Oh my gosh Teri I LOVE him I am off to buy him :D This is stunning!
Hugs

Amy xx

Anne said...

Wow fabulous Teri love it would look fab as a lid on a trinket box
Anne xx

PatR said...

WOW Teri what a totally awesome card and image. You are so talented and I agree with Anne that it would look great on a box.
xx

barbara (AKA Bee) said...

Hi Teri this is terrific....lol....I just love him to bits.
Bee xx

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Oh my! Did you make this just for me?! He is stunning! I have a few gargoyle stamps, but this digi image is amazing! I am buying him
straight away! LOVE the corners! How a creative! I will be cutting up my fleur de lis' from now on!
Spot on perfect!

Sue said...

Hi Hun
wow this is amazing it looks like its jumping of the page at me!! your gona have to put a scarey warning on ya blog soon! lol, sue,x

Zoechaos said...

It really is awesome amazing drawing your beastie could adore any cathedral and not look out of place its wonderful. This is one amazing mind blowing piece of work. I could go on and on am so blown away by this xx Zoe

Donna said...

Wow Teri, this cards is truly amazing...I love all the texture and that you stuck to one colour :) Donna x

Anne Jagger said...

Absolutely fantastic!

Tine said...

Hi Teri. An amazing card made with an amazing drawing. Just brilliant!
Tine :)

Carolyn said...

Teri, I will be happy to give you some of my summer in Missouri USA. It hit 100 degrees with heat index 117, ugh. I love gargoyles and you can use them for more than just Halloween. Great card, tfs.

Kim said...

This is fabulous!!! I love the new image! This card is just incredible, love the embossing and the distressing too! You did a fab job!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Andrea said...

grotesquely fantastic hehe wonderful drawing and super card x

Bonibleaux Designs said...

oooh I am so making this card for my halloween party invites this year!! WOWSA! I'm off to see the Grotesque Gargoyle and put him in my shopping bag!! FABULOUS!!

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG, Teri!!!! He is just too fabulous for words! Soon to be mine! Thanks for joining us for MM at HDH. xxD

Ildiko said...

Wow , woe and wow again Teri. He is gorgoeus and so is your card. I already got my eye on on few of yor digis, so I think one more on the list wont hurt lol
hugs
Ildiko

Celeste said...

I love Gargoyles and yours rocks! Great job.

Barb said...

Stunning card, Teri! LOVE LOVE LOVE this gargoyle... especially how he encompasses then whole card... packs a definite punch!! Beyond brilliant... cutting the fleur-de-lys for corners. Thanks so much for playing along with Macabre Monday!

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Like others have said before me ... WOW. This and othersare def. on my gotta have list.
Helen x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Teri this is absolutely superb what a wonderful image this appeals to me so much, I would love this as a tattoo I love the corners this really does look medieval I love it to bits.
Hugs
Lorraine x