Friday, 13 August 2010

Lacey Flutterings

Hiya folks!

At last I get to jump on the compy! Blooming kids nicked it for games, but I managed to kick them off it until I make tea. Now I get a chance to post my latest card!


I have done this card with a few challenges in mind, the first one being over at Midnight Madness, where there is a very challenging sketch this week!


My theme is 'Butterflies and Lace', which is the challenge over at Digital Tuesday. For my Butterfly I have used my image 'Simple Butterfly' which I have stretched in photoshop, and printed onto some pale blue and white damask patterned paper.


I printed two images out, so that I could use the top layer to curl up the wings a bit. I have added some dimension dots to the wings too.

The colour scheme fits the challenge at Colour Create, which is 'Ivory, Duck-Egg Blue and one other from their photo - I chose the brown. There is an optional theme of 'shabby chic' too, I did try, but I'm not too sure if that worked or not. The next challenge this fits is at CRAFT which is 'mini-beasts', yeah, I copped out and used a butterfly, but it is a beastie, and it is small!!


Last over at Papertake Weekly the theme is 'something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue'. I did manage most of these, except the borrowed bit! My 'old' is the pearlescent brown cardstock. My 'new' is the lovely guipuir lace in the corner. My 'blue' is the backing and the damask paper.

I punched out a few leafy sprigs and used paper flowers for a change instead of the twirly bits on the sketch. I don't own any of those yummy pearly swirly sticker shape thingies that I have seen adorning some folks cards. Wouldn't know where to get them! Any suggestions folks? I have used a couple of MS border punches for the scalloped bit over the triangle on the sketch, and also on the strip to the left, to which I also added a few single sticky pearls.

OK, so now I have kiddo's hovering on me shoulder edging me off the seat - LOL. Need to go get them some more food - endless pits their stomachs!! See ya later peeps!!

21 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Wow what a gorgeous card. Everything about it is beautifully done. This is amazing.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Dragonlady said...

Teri this is sooooo beautiful. I love the soft colours and your butterfly - wow hun.

Hugs Ali x

coldwaters2 said...

Wowzer Teri this is absolutely gorgeous, what a beautifully designed creation the colour scheme I love that butterfly I love also the flowers and lace, I just love it all.
Hugs
Lorraine x
I am off to buy that gargoyle now lol.

Poppet said...

Gorgeous delicate colours on this card Teri. The brown and blue look great and the butterfly is awesome. If you want some of the pearl swirls I think Lynne has some at www.craftden.co.uk. :-) xx

Sally H said...

Oh wow! Totally stunning! So delicate and elegant! Love it!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

GoRGEOUS!!! Love the butterfly ... thanks for telling us how you did it!! You are so clever! Thanks always for inspiration!!

Kim said...

Oh, Teri, this butterfly is simply gorgeous! I love what you've done with it and your take on the sketch is so elegant! The pearls are such a delightful finishing touch!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Terri - what a fabulous image! I love the simplicity of it and the way you have adorned your card with the most DELISH embellies! Love the flowers and the colours you have used!! Totally gorgeous Teri! Thank you for playing along with Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, we value your support and would love to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Micki said...

Dang Teri, I don't think I'll ever get my cards looking like yours. This is simply gorgeous..... it's beautiful. I love the soft blue with the brown. Totally love it.


hugs

Lynda said...

Amazing! Fabulous! Gorgeous! What more can I say - you'v really made a great card with that complicated sketch and you could say that the sketch is the 'borrowed' bit for the PW theme! I absolutely love this card Teri.

Love Lynda xxx

Sharon said...

Hi Teri,

Your beautiful butterfly is stunning! Such beautiful use of not only the Colour Create Colour but the layout too! I love your embellishments - those flowers are gorgeous.

Thanks for joining the Colour Create Challenge.

Sharon x

Max said...

Wow ... beautiful butterfly and love the colours you have used.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Carol said...

Teri when I see your name come up in the gallery I know I am going to be in for a treat when I view your card. This is so elegant and graceful. Your details take this to an enchanting creation with this beautiful butterfly. What a masterpiece. I always love your work and am inspired by it! Great job with the sketch this week. Thanks for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Midnight Madness Design Team

KarinsArtScrap said...

hi teri this is very beautiful
love the paper and the butterfly
just an elegant card


greetings karin

Ellie said...

WOW, this is gorgeous. Love the sketch! Great colors too, and the butterfly is beautiful!
Thanks so much for playing the DTC! Hope you'll join us again next week!

pam124 said...

Hi Teri, Wow, this sent me into dreamland. I love everything single thing about it from the soft colors, to that gorgeous butterfly, to the lace, flowers, borders and triangles. I have this feeling that this card will show up on my top 10 list this week!! Magical!!

Thanks SO MUCH for joining the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week and hopefully you can come back for some more fun next week!!

Hugs
pam
MMSC-GD

Suzi said...

This is a stunning card Teri, I love the colour combo and that butterfly is amazing. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week with your lovely creation.
Hugs
Suzi x

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Hi Teri!
This is a beauty! Love the laces the pattern the flowers and the pearls! the butterfly is very pretty! It was a challenging sketch, but you did a wonderful job with it!

I glue down one pearl at the time to make swirls but I know that Sue over at McMahon 5 Design have a lot of great perlswirls.

Thanks for joining Midnight Madess Challenge. Your support is highly valued, and we hope to see you playing with us again real soon ;o)

Mvh
Gunn
MMSCDT

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Teri, your "simple butterfly" is gorgeous and I love the way you printed it on the damask dp! Your color combo is so elegant and the sweet little pearls add some extra dimension....just gorgeous!
Thanks so much for playing along with us again this week.
Hugs,
Charlotte
MMSC DT
PS: Congrats on your 1 year anniversary!

Julie said...

This is gorgeous Teri, a fabby butterfly. Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T.
Julie x

Hope Jacare said...

What a fabulous project for our mini beast challenge - that butterfly is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at C.R.A.F.T. Cheers Claire x