Saturday, 14 August 2010

Free Spirit

Hiya folks!

Hope I find you all well this Saturday morning? Things have dried up a wee bit here in NE Scotland, although the sun is still MIA. My tumble dryer man came yesterday, sorted what the problem is, but didn't fix it. I have to wait until Tuesday to get it mended - can you believe that??!! So I struggle on. . .


My card today features one of my new images 'Free Spirit', available now in my Delicious Doodles Shop. I named her this, after the saying 'free as a bird' - there is a bird in the image. It's meant to be a Raven, but looks more like a crow! LOL. Whatever! You guys can colour it however you like anyways.
I have used a sketch from Friday Sketchers for my layout. Thought it was time I played there again after a few weeks of not doing so.


This also fits a few more challenges. Magical Monday's theme this week is 'Pink and White', at Pixie Dust their theme is also 'Pink', Flutterby Wednesday's theme is 'open + butterfly, fairy or angel', Crafty Creations theme is 'Winged Things', Craftalicious has a theme of 'Pearls and Swirls', and the SCSC challenge is 'Girly' this week.


My swirly papers are from Tinker & Co and Funky Hand. The swirly border is my own creation, in an art nouveau style to match the image. Ribbons, pearls, and stickles from the stash. Punches for the flower and leaves from local craft shop.

I'm really liking how these new 'Alfonse Mucha' style images are turning out. I have used his paintings as a starting point to base my image on, with added elements of my own, like fairy wings for example. So be warned - you may be seeing more of these in the future!! LOL

OK then, my DT work beckons - see ya later peeps - have a great weekend!

Oh and don't forget my FREEBIE bash all this coming week

See you there folks!!

19 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Another stunning creation. Gorgeous colours and fabulous artwork. Magnificent.
Hugs,
Fiona x

TracieB xx said...

Teri, you're a very talented lady. Your fairy if really lovely and I love the backing papers, very Art Deco. They match fabulously.

Thanks for joining us ovder at SCS Challenge.

TracieB xx

Secret Crafter said...

Super card Terri. Thank you for joining us at SCSC. Wendy x

{Jane} said...

Gorgeous card

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

coldwaters2 said...

Fabulous card Teri your images are wonderful this one I love the colours and your design is superb.
Hugs
Lorraine x

hayward69 said...

This is gorgeous and a lovely colour you have used. Really like the image too.

Thanks for joining in with us on Magical Monday Challenge

Jayne xx

Saskia said...

Lovely work Teri!

Saskia :)

Sally H said...

What a wonderful image and coloured so beautifully! Love it!

Jolara said...

beautifull card ! Thanks for joining the Pixies this week. Hugs Joyce

Moshie said...

Beautiful fairy as well as card! So pretty in pink!! Thank you for joining us at Craftalicious. Hugs, Diana

Tracy said...

gorgeous card Teri, the image is beautiful and i just love those papers. Tracy x

KarinsArtScrap said...

great card teresa
great image and lovely paper.
its a beauty

greetings karin

Danni said...

Stunning creation! Love all the dimension! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Vicky said...

Lovely card, such a pretty design

Thanks for joining us this week at SCSC
x
Vicky

Pops x said...

This is really gorgeous hun i love the cute image, thanks for joining us at Magical Monday big hugs pops x

Stampin'Piper said...

Great card, I love the colours!

Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketchers!

Hugs Tanja

Crafteezee said...

Teri, fabulous card, loving the layout and those gorgeous swirls. Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious.

Hugs Tracy x
P.S. I have candy on my blog if you want to hop over

Annie said...

a fabulous fairy card! thanks for joining us at Magical Monday and hope to see you again next time!
hugs, annie x

Victoria said...

a lovely card, thank you for joining us on mm xxx