Wednesday, 4 August 2010

A Combi DT Piece

Hiya folks!

Hope I find you all well today? Still grey and dull here - could someone tell 'himself' up there that we would LOVE a summer here in NE Scotland?!! LOL.

Down to business - I have been a bit naughty today, and combined two of my DT obligations into one card (me bad!) Sorry about that ladies, but it was an ideal opportunity! Firstly this weeks challenge at The Creative Cottage is 'Acetate', and at The Sisterhood this week is a colour theme of 'Red, Orange and Green'. You'll also be glad to hear it is NOT a scarey card this time!!


I have used papers from 'Monkeys Wild West Adventure' and papers + image from 'Fairy Wishes'. The orange cardstock is from the stash, as is the bit of green bazzill in the flower, and the gems + brad. I have used a sketch for the layout from Sunday Sketch and Stamp:


I have inked the edges of the orange card with red ink, and also put red stickles round the edge of the red paper. I dotted some more red stickles onto the flower petals, and also onto the outside edge of the Acetate Butterfly. I had a job to think what to do with Acetate for this card, but had to settle on a die to cut it with, as I had jammed up my flower punch trying to make a flower with the stuff! BAD idea!! The Butterfly die is a Shapeabilities die which also embosses. I used it as a stencil rather than embossing, and inked through the stencil. Can you believe the ink has still not dried on it??!!


So ladies, why not nip across to my DT buddies at The Sisterhood and Creative Cottage - loads of inspiration in both!! See you there folks!

15 comments:

Rebekah said...

This is sooo gorgeous Teri! I absolutely love your colour combo which I so wouldn't have thought to put together at al but it looks amazing! Hugs Rebekah xx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
I love the colours you have used on this card. the papers are fabulous and the image is super cute. This is a great card.
Grey here today as well.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Sue said...

Hi Teri
gorgeous card, luv the colour combo, fabby layout, now this one i don't mind looking at! lol, sue,x

Kim said...

Well, sweet sistah, you rocked them both!!! I love your acetate butterfly with the little bits of shimmer, so very dainty and delicate, just like a butterfly. The image is precious and way to rock the colors...
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Bonibleaux Designs said...

Too cute and so bright! I love that you keep track of your ingredients - LOL I totally bomb at that. I really should make a better effort!

lindyloo said...

Hi Teri wow what a super card love the colour combo huggies lindyloo x

Poppet said...

Beautiful card Teri, Th colours look great together. Loving the flower and butterfly. :-) xx

Donna said...

Super sweet card Teri and such a fab combination of colours...if its any consolation we have rain and thunderstorms here too! Donna x

mulberry station said...

Hi Teri! Very sweet card. Love the colors, sketch and fun image.

Arlana said...

Hello Teri. We miss you. Your card is so adorable. Hope you are doing well. Have a sweet day!!!!

Lisa B said...

Oh Teri I just love this card! It is so bright and cheery!! There is so much texture and layers not to mention the delicate butterfly!

Wedgie said...

Ohhh...what a fab card! I love the colours, its so bright and cheerful!

Wedgie xxx

VintageMilly said...

Wow this is lovely, I love the colour combo - such hot summer colours and the butterfly is so delicate.
Thank you for joining us over at Sunday Sketch & Stamp this time, hope you will join us again soon,
hugs and happiness,
Em.x
http://vintagemilly.blogspot.com

Basslady said...

adorable sweet card! love the image!

xoxo silvi (germany)

Tracy said...

fabulous card love the layout and the great colours. the butterfly is such a great idea. Tracy x