Sunday, 29 August 2010

Clean and Simple - Me??

Hiya folks!

Thought I would pop on with a quickie I knocked up yesterday while the kiddies had the compy. It's a Christmas card again, sorry about that. But there are a couple of challenges that are asking for Christmas this week that I wanted to enter. I will list them at the bottom of this post.

I wanted to do a simple card that was really quick to make. My inspiration was from a new challenge blog that a few of my old ex-teamies have started up. Keep It Simple is the name of the Challenge Blog, why don't you pop over and check it out. Their challenges start today! I am going to enter this card there, but ladies - if you don't think these are traditional colours the please delete my entry. Just wanted to show my support in your new venture.

Talking of new ventures - I am having a DT Call over at Delicious Doodles, so if any of you lovely ladies fancy working with my digital images, pop over for all the deets and how to apply!

So, to the card then. A simple white, black and silver combo, not too many layers or too much froo-froo! I used a pearlescent white cardstock, printed out a greeting and trimmed the paper to just a bit smaller than the cardstock. I wrapped some silver fibre stuff round it before sticking down and stickles-ing round the edges.


I printed out my Christmas Tree image in a frame of black dots, cut this out and layered it onto some silver mirri card, which was raised on foam pads. Then I popped a few wee gems in the centre of the snowflakes on the tree. Job done!


OK, so the challenges are:

SCSC - Christmas
Totally Gorjuss - Christmas in August
Bee Crafty - Open theme
Wild Orchid - Sparkle
Keep It Simple - Christmas Card with Trad Colours
(is white and silver traditional??)

18 comments:

Anne said...

YAY!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are our FIRST player!! What an accolade eh? LOL!! Absolutely STUNNING as always Teri!! Thank you so much for your support and for playing along - you're fab!! Mwah! xxx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is a simple but very elegant card. I love it. The tree ia awesome.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Clare H said...

Fab card Teri, so elegant!! Love your header too its too cute

Clare @ Keep it Simple

lil-paper-pixie said...

Stunning Teri, your images are fab, love this layout, very classy card.x

mckinkle said...

ooooh Teri, this is just perfect, I love it! I can feel a shopping spree washing all over me!

Thanks for the nod for the new challenge site, its always good to see some new ones!

Keryn x

Pascale said...

Hi Teri this is super I love your tree and Yes white and Silver are traditional great new look here. Thanks so much for joiniing in the fun at Keep it Simple this week. Hugs Pascale

Sam said...

So good to see you're beautiful work again as I don't get to spend as much time in blogland as I'd like these days. Simply stunning Teri and I think silver definately qualifies as a traditional colour ;)

Saskia said...

Beautiful card, very elegant!!

Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

Sally H said...

Oooh, Teri ! It is stunning! I love it!

Sue said...

Hi Hun
wow totally gorgeous card, you have done a brill job, luv the gems & spakley ribbon/tinsel? striking card hun, thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, luv ya new header hun, or i have just noticed it! lol sue,x

Lynda said...

Stunning card Teri and I'd say Silver white and black are very traditional!

Love Lynda xxx

{Jane} said...

Gorgeous Christmas Card

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

Helen said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Clarky J said...

This is brilliant Teri and great that you are our first -player! Thanks for all your support with this new blog x

Mel X said...

Hiya Teri, WOW - I just LOVE this Xmas Tree image!! Love what you done with it - looks really classy and elegant. Can see I'm gonna have to keep a close eye on your images!!!

Thanks for joining us this week at the Secret Crafter and good luck in the draw.

Mel X

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wowzer Teri this is so very classy, that is the word that always springs to mind when I see the B&W look the clean and simple is perfect I think it looks a very expensive card I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

joey said...

Oh Hun can it get any more elegant! this is absolutely gorgeous, beautiful job, thanks for joining us at tpc
Joey.x

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

Beautiful! Love the clean and simple, though I find it so difficult to do! Thanks so much for joining us at Bee Crafty!

Deanne :)