Friday, 27 August 2010

Can Pink be Scarey??

Hiya folks!

Hope I find you all well today? Not been swept away with all that rain down south I hope? About time someone else had it and not us up here in Scotland, LOL.

My card today is a bit of a pink number, but not in a very girly way, sorry! It is my entry into Barb's Haunted Design House challenge, which is 'Pink on the brink'. And here it is:


I have teamed the pink side of it with black, in an attempt to make it a bit spooky. Still looks a bit too sassy for me though. I have followed the layout from the sketch over at Midnight Madness, which I have turned on it's side:

For my image I came up with a new one which I have named 'Alas - Poor Yoric'. I think it fits the image quite well, in a non-Shakesperian sort of way! LOL. This is now available in the Delicious Doodles Shop. Also there is the 'Webby Corner' which I have overlaid onto my main image after colouring and scanning in. I have added some stickles to her hair, and some pinky-gold dimension paint (Pebeo Touch).


For the lacey part of the sketch I have made some holes in the card and threaded it with an old bootlace, and popped some black pearls between too. Rather than use ribbon at the top of the image I have cut some odd bone shapes. My flowery bit is handmade, and is just some old card bits cut into circles, scrunched up, inked and then linked together with a brad. I added some stickles to the edges too.


I am hoping this fits the challenge over at Cute Card Thursday - 'no dies or punches'. None of my shapes have been die cut or punched. I am also entering at Charisma Cardz, whose theme is 'Hot' this week - my pink is a Hot Pink colour. Hope this is acceptable?


**********************************

Just thought I would also mention that I am having a DT Call over at Delicious Doodles. I need me some crafty peeps to help out with promoting my wee images, so if anyone is interested in applying, please pop over to Delicious Doodles for all the deets!

Many thanks in advance,
Teri xx

19 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Wow Teri - this is some card! What an amzing image and the colours - well, they are divine! Love your flower and those shoelaces - they have never looked so good! Thank you for joining us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge - we always love to see you and appreciate your suppport! We are looking forward to seeing you next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Carol said...

Yowser Teri-this is some spooky little vixen!! I never thought of using pink in a Halloween card but I really like it. It's unique and intriguing. You details are phenomenal. This is just the perfect card for the Haunted Design House. They have such cool challenges. Great job with the sketch this week. Thank you so much for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Midnight Madness Design Team

DonnaMundinger said...

Brilliant! Love your image and dimension. Fab job on all of the challenges. Thanks for joining us for MM at HDH! xxD

Connie M. said...

Oh yeah!! I would so say that pink can be scarey with this card!! LOVE this fun image and that flower...soooo wonderful! Thanks so much for playing this week in the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge! Hugs!

Connie M.
MMDT-GD

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Brilliant use of pink onthis card Teri. That main image is incredible. I would love to apply to be on your DT, but this is my busiest time of year. Maybe next year...

Lynda said...

I wouldn't have put pink and spooky together but this works - a great image and I love all the extra details.

Love Lynda xxx

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Oh Teri - you have done it again! Have you any idea of how much I love your images? Everytime I visit your blog my bankaccount lets out a shriek! I love your pink and black Yorik card! It sure even turns Shakespeare a little sassy *LOL* Love everything about it!

Thanks for joining Midnight Madess Challenge. Your support is highly valued, and we hope to see you playing with us again real soon ;o)

Hugs
Gunn
MMSCDT

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is beautiful teri
great colors for this image


greetings karin

pam124 said...

Teri, I don't know how you came up with this fantastic take on the sketch and using that awesome image, but you nailed both - the challenge and the image!! WOW!

Hugs
pam124

Clare said...

Wowsers Teri!!! your card is magnificant! the colour looks amazing and that image is something else. Your imagination must be working 24/7!!!. Teri i have added your DT call and an ad for Delicious Doodles onto my sidebar hun. Would love to apply but i do not have a printer at the moment. Teri if you pop over to my blog there is something on there for you. Hugs Clare xxx

Sally H said...

I love it! Fabulous image and take on the sketch. I tend to find pink a bit scary anyway, lol!

Susan's crafty chaos said...

This is wonderful, and I love all the little bits of bling you've added :D
Thanks for joining in with our Pink on the Brink challenge at HDH this week, and good luck!

Allison said...

love love love that image- think I'm off to buy it, love it with the pink
Thanks for playing along at Charisma this week
AllisonX

Holly said...

This is a fab pink card! I love the image in pink. Your details are amazing. Thanks for playing along with us at Midnight Madness this week!

Holly
MMSC-GD

lachsekatze said...

amazing image! I love how she looks at the skull.

Primitive Paper said...

Your embellies are the perfect touch for this card and I always enjoy seeing what you have created! Blessings, Tracy, MMDT

Holly Moore said...

Teri, you totally rocked scary berry pink! I love this card. My favorite thing is how she looks like she is all studded. Beautiful touch to an amazing creation! Thanks for joining in on the fun over at Midnight Madness this week. Your card is WICKED AWESOME!

Yours,
Holly R. Moore
MMDT - GD

Vanja said...

Fantastic card! I love the colour combo.
hugs, Vanja

Barb said...

Beautiful work as always, Teri! I LOVE this new image, and you add so much detail to your cards... simply wonderful :) Thanks so much for playing along with Macabre Monday!