Saturday, 7 August 2010

Another Christmas Creation

Hiya folks!

Sorry guys, but I have done another Christmas Card - oh deary me! There I was hoping not to have anything to do with Christmas 'till nearer the time, but, as a seller of my own doodles, I need to showcase my images don't I? Especially as I don't have my own DT like everyone else does.


So, here I am with one of my creations. 'Oh Christmas Tree' is actually a design from last season which didn't sell too well, so I retired it. But I have decided to re-release it this year nice and early this time. It is now up in my Delicious Doodles Shop:


I have followed a yummy sketch and theme from Truly Scrumptious for this layout, papers are from various places, can't remember where now - they are last years and I wasn't all that good at putting things in boxes back then!! LOL. Here is the sketch:


My colour scheme is monotone, and hopefully fits the theme at Papertake Weekly (White plus one other) and at Raise the Bar (Pearly Whites), and the Christmas theme fits at MAWTT this week.

The sentiment is computer generated onto the paper before printing. I have distressed the edges of the papers a bit with some sandpaper and a wee bit of black ink. Then I liberally went round and stickled whatever I could! Love them stickles - they bring a card to life. My ribbon is from my stash, as are the pearls, large for on top of the ribbon, and small for the centre of the snowflakes on the Tree. Small black brad is from the stash too.


Just thinking whether or not to add a big white bow to the bottom in that blank space left by the arched bit. . . maybe I'll just leave it - what do you think peeps?? Right, off to crank up the tumble dryer again. Poor thing has been doing overtime lately, what with grey and damp weather here. Sooooo not summer - let's hope we get an 'Indian Summer', after all we haven't had much of one at all here in Scotland - again!!

Stay tuned though folks - I have some exciting news for you tomorrow (no, I haven't accepted any more DT positions! LOL) - See ya later peeps!!

24 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is a gorgeous card. I love the Christmas tree. The monchrome theme really works with this. I would leave the bow off.
Dreary grey day here again.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Christin said...

very beatiful card!!!
hugs
Christin

Clarky J said...

This is gorgeous Teri I cant think why it wouldnt sell before - Love the shape and of course the lovely way you have teamed it with those papers x janet

Lisa Jane said...

wow - gprgeous image .. it looks so elegant
Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT
Lisa ;)

Basslady said...

a beautiful noble and stylish christmas card!

xoxo silvi (germany)

mulberry station said...

WOW, WOW....absolutely stunning Teri!

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is stunning, Yu keep tempting me with these wonderful images. Grrr roll on money ion the bank day!! This card is stunning, thanks for sharing and joining in with us on MAWTT Love Hazelxo

Tracy said...

wow Teri this is stunning, i love the colour and the gorgeous layout and that image is fabulous. really love it. hope your having a great weekend. Tracy x

KarinsArtScrap said...

hi teresa
this card is beautiful love the grey colors it's very elegant
love that tree too
and thank you to became one of my followers


greetings karin

shellshearer said...

Great card, I love the colours you have used & the way you have turned up the corner fab idea
Thanks for sharing with us over at MAWTT this week
hugs shell xx

Sue said...

Hi Hun
gorgeous card, very elegant, your tree is gorgeous, i must remeber to get you corner 2moro when im on me craft comp!!

Stampin Mindy said...

What a beautiful tree, love the layout too.

Hugs, Mindy

Poppet said...

I love it Teri, I thought it was a die cut your cutting if superb. Don't put a bow over the words they look fab. I love the stylised tree. When I've paid off the new water tank and piping I will be coming knocking on your shop door. :-) xx

Clare said...

Wow so beautiful Teri!!! your tree is stunning, you are so talented hun. Big hugs Clare xxx

Sally H said...

Teri this is stunning! I love it. Glad you are re releasing it. You have been so busy whilst I have been away. Love the wolf girl! I may well be along to DD as soon as I've done some washing!

Anita Hovey said...

Gorgeous image and card! I love the string of pearls across there. Thanks for joining us at Raise the Bar this week.

Anne Temple said...

This is a beautiful card and the tree is gorgeous!

laney said...

WOW!! Stunning Teri!! I dont think it needs a bow its a very elegant card!!
hugs
laney

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi there, love your little Christmas card, such a lovely image and great colours. So glad you have joined us over at MAWTT this week, best of luck! hugs Heidi xx

Jackie said...

absolutely scrummy card, love it.Thank you for joining us at PT this week x

Barb said...

Beautifully elegant holiday card, Teri! LOVE the tone-on-tone look and the glittery bits :)

Shelly said...

Hi teri! Gorgeous card hun... love the grey and the sparkle! Great image of yours too! Hugs Shelly ;)

Mina said...

wow Teri what a stunner, I love the tree and its such a brill way to use the sketch for a Christmas card...thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge
Mina xxx

Debbie said...

I love this card. It's very elegant. Love the way you've put it all together.

Thanks for joining in with our challenge at Truly Scrumptious

Hugs Debbie xx