Tuesday, 13 July 2010

Tuesday Taggers - Anniversaries

Hiya folks!

Guess what? I didn't get my washing dry after all :( It was a great start, sun was out, gentle breeze blowing - perfect! I thought. HA! Went into town to do the weekly shop, and while I was on the way home, the heavens opened. Such a dark cloud it was too, what a downpour!! I had the wipers on double time, floods of water streaked across the road - I had visions of me doing some aquaplaning, scarey! Needless to say the washing was a tad damp when I got home - me miffed - two days running that happened - blooming weather!! So I resorted to the tumble dryer, sorry hubby, I know it costs money, but you want something to wear don't you?? LOL

Now onto this week's Tuesday Taggers challenge, which has been set by yours truly. It is my 21st Wedding Anniversary on 15th July - eeekk!! All those years with the same bloke! Well, he is my soul-mate and bestest friend (pass me the sick bucket! LOL) So that is why I have set this challenge for you. I'd love to see any projects featuring Anniversaries, not just wedding ones! Any project you like, tags, scrap layouts, cards, whatever, just as long as there is a reference to anniversaries on it somewhere!!


I have used one of my new images, Mr + Mrs Owl for this card, you can find them in my shop Delicious Doodles. I also followed the sketch at Friday Sketchers for my layout:


A couple of other challenges fit the bill (oooh, just noticed the pun there! LOL) At Charisma Cardz the theme is 'Watch the Birdie' and at Sweet Stampin Challenge the theme is 'Wings'.


I have used papers from the Funky Hand 'I Do Wordbook' for this card. Their challenge Get Funky requires 'New' as their theme, which is why I used my new Mr + Mrs Owl image here (hope thats allowed). I coloured them with my usual watercolour pencils, and scanned them back into the compy to print out some layers for decoupage. The flower is made with punches and a wee gem for the centre. Ribbon from the stash.

So, let's see what you can come up with then peeps! Head across to the Tuesday Taggers Blog for some more fabby inspiration from my wonderful DT sisters.

OK, so I'm off to try putting out another load of washing - wish me luck folks!

14 comments:

CraftyC said...

This is just gorgeous terry, so sweet. Have a love;y anniversary. I had my 16th anniversary on friday and my DD's birthday on the 15th to!
Clairexx

Clarky J said...

Aww Teri this is such a fab image - I love those owls! Great theme choice too x Thanks for being part of Tuesday Taggers our team is Fabulous!

Sue said...

Hi teri
oh its a pain when that happens, did try n blow you some sun hun, gorgeous card, super cute owls, pretty papers & embelies, sue,x

Zoechaos said...

Got distracted this morning and didn't say anything! This is a gorgeous little card lovely way celebrate an anniversary. Many congratulations on 21 years of marriage, am sure they were very happy ones with many many more to follow. xx Zoe

Allison said...

such a lovely card and cute image
Thanks for playing along at Get Funky and Charisma
AllisonX

georgina said...

they look so happy Teri, love it, luv Georginaxx

Sally H said...

Absolutely wonderful, Teri! Isn't it a coincidence that we got married just two weeks apart in the same year? Have a wonderful anniversary, hun, and hope the sun really shines for you!

PatR said...

Gorgeous card Teri, love those owls. You are so talented I'm in awe! Congratulations on 21years of marriage, well done for sticking in there LOL!
Pat xx

Kim said...

Beautiful card, Teri!!!! Your little owls are precious! YOu did such a fantastic job with the sketch. love your backing papers too!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Jules said...

Hi Teri

What a gorgeous creation. Loving those little owls!!

Great paper choices.

Thank you for joining in with the fun at Get Funky! this month.

Love Jules xx

Carrie said...

I love this..those owls are fabby!!

Thanks for playing with the sweet stampers xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Teri the first thing I would like to do is send you big happy anniversary wishes for the 15th, secondly I want to tell you how much I love this card those owls of yours are superb I think I will definitely be treating myself to those little beauties.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Dolly said...

Lovely card! :)x

Tip Top said...

Lovely card and such a fab image! Thanks for entering the Get Funky! Challenge – hope you can join us again next month! Get Funky!