Friday, 23 July 2010

True Friendship

Hiya folks!

Hope I find you all well? We have a wierd yellow thing in the sky today, I think it might be the sun - LOL. Pit the hubby is working, could have taken the kids out for the day. I bet it rains on Sunday when he is off. LOL.

I have gone on a bit of a departure today with this card. I have wanted to draw a corner motif/image for quite a while now, and finally got round to finishing it earlier in the week. I have named it 'Rose Corner' (wow, that took loads of imagination, LOL) and it is available now in my shop, Delicious Doodles:



I have used this corner image on my card for today, but instead of having a main image, I have used some wording that I found on the net, a wee quote about True Friendship. The image is coloured with my usual watercolour pencils, scanned into the compy and printed out several times for the layering.


I have followed this week's sketch at Midnight Madness for the layout:

I sent this card across to the Daring Cardmakers Challenge as a sample too, as I am sponsoring their theme this week with my Delicious Doodles Shop (yeay!) The theme there is 'Layering', and I think this image just begged to be layered, so I went a bit overboard with it, LOL. Five layers there! I added loads of stickles to it and dotted in the backing text box too, just to 'feed' into it a bit more. Trouble is, you can't see it very well on these photos! Such naff lighting just lately - ugh!


I completely missed the scalloped edge on the sketch - oooops, sorry! But I hope the gorgeous Rose backing paper will make up for it. I got that in a goody bag from DoCrafts this month in my local craft shop. The papers were Papermania 'Henbury Lane' and it has some glittery bits on too - yummy! The dotty paper and gems are also from that set. The ribbon is from the stash.

I am also going to enter this into the challenge at Crafty Catz this week, which is 'summer'. Nothing speaks of summer more to me than a lovely Rose with it's gorgeous scent floating on the evening air, yum!

OK, hope you all have a lovely day today, wherever you are, whatever you do. Have fun and look after yourselves!

16 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This rose corner is magnificent. It makes abeautiful card. This is awesome.
The sun is here again - it must be summer.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Teri - how gorgeous is this! Your images are always so amazing! What a gorgeous corner image! Your colouring is always so lifelike and the shine on the leaves is perfect! Love it! It is great that you have played along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, we love to see your creations and hope to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Carol said...

Teri this is amazingly beautiful. I love this image. I see so many possibilities with this. Your card is just awesome and so wonderfully crafted. Your work is impeccable. Great job with the sketch. Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Midnight Madness Design Team

P.S. I am still in awe of your polar bear card from last week. When I am finally gainfully employed I am getting that image!!!!

Poppet said...

Great image Teri, it looks gorgeous against the beautiful poem you found. I can't believe you have managed to cut around the flourishes with out cutting them off. :-) xx

Tracy said...

Teri this is so beautiful, the image is gorgeous and i love the sentiment. stunning work! Tracy x

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

WOW! BEAUTIFUL! The image is so very pretty and the layering I think will keep me awake to night - all that work! I am speachless!
Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Midnight Madness. I really love your work!

Mvh
Gunn
MMSCDT

Sally H said...

Totally stunning, Teri! I love it x

Suzanne said...

An absolutely gorgeous card. I, too think of flowers for summer. Thansk for playign along at Crafty Catzthis week
Hugs
Suzanne x

carol said...

oh wow what an amazing flower image, love it, you are so talented, thanks for sharing your fab card with us at Craftycatz, X CAROL

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is fabulous. I love the way you have layered that. It looks so pretty. Some of my fave papers at the moment too. Marianne x

Barb said...

Stunning card, Teri! LOVE the image and it frames the sentiment perfectly!

Lindsey said...

Wow this is stunning, so much detail and thought must have gone into this card, such a beautiful sentiment and what I would do to be able to draw like you can! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week xx

pam124 said...

My goodness Teri, it doesn't get much more beautiful than this. Your colors are so vibrant and so engaging. The flowers are beyond gorgeous! An absolutey STUNNER!

Thanks SO MUCH for joining the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week and I hope you can play with us again next week!

Hugs
pam
MMSC-GS

Priscilla said...

Oh Terri, I really like this one..your flowers are just beautiful. Perfect take on the sketch. You have created a wonderful card for your entry this week. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

coldwaters2 said...

Totally stunning that corner image is wonderful so is that sentiment I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Aunty Sue said...

Stunning card thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz