Monday, 12 July 2010

Sweet Pea Stampers - Recipe

Hiya folks!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend, not too melted I hope?? We had no such luck here in NE Scotland. We saw the sun for a few hours, but mostly it was grey with some real heavy showers. Got blooming soaked getting my washing in yesterday -ugh! Hope I get it dry today!


Onto my card for today the, which is my DT piece for Sweet Pea Stampers. This week we have a challenging recipe for you: NO dp, a butterfly, two images, three different embellies. This one got me in a right pickle, how to get two images on the same card AND have it look OK at the same time? I finally came up with an easel card. That way I could get one image on the inside so it all looks even and uncrowded. Forgive the naff photo quality, the sun that we did get kind of bleached out the creamy card, all got a bit bright, LOL !!

I used plain cream cardstock, and smudged brown ink over it and the edges, the wrapped some brown organza round the bottom. I have inked up my 'Autumn Falls' stamp for the image on the front, and coloured in with the usual watercolour pencils. This is layered onto some gold paper and brown card, and raised on foam pads.


For my second image I rummaged through my box, and found a Butterfly Thank You sentiment image that I won a few months ago from Sweet Pea Stamps. Bit of a cheat there, combining the image and the butterfly part of the recipe! I smeared ink over this one, stamped the butterfly again, cut it out and rounded the wings for some depth. I have layered this onto the same brown card as the first image, and raised in on foam pads again, to act as the stopper.

For my embellies, I have made some flowers with my punches, and used a brad for the centres, then used a recycled ribbon bow from a chocolate box. I have also popped a wee punched butterfly on the bottom bit, just in case the butterfly image doesn't count, LOL. Last thing I did was pop some dimension paint dots here and there.


Over to you now then folks! Let's see what you can do with this recipe! Off to sort me washing now then, see you later!

10 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Absolutely beautiful. I love the image, the large bow and the flowers are awesome.
Gorgeous card.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Pascale said...

Gobsmacking I am speechless hun and that does not happen often. Really adore it xxx Hugs Pascale

Pascale said...

Gobsmacking I am speechless hun and that does not happen often. Really adore it xxx Hugs Pascale

Pascale said...

Gobsmacking I am speechless hun and that does not happen often. Really adore it xxx Hugs Pascale

Pascale said...

Gobsmacking I am speechless hun and that does not happen often. Really adore it xxx Hugs Pascale

Kim said...

This is so striking!!!! Love your gorgeous fall image and you colored her up so nicely! The butterfly is beautiful....love the stamping behind it. Your flowers and fall leaves.....gorgeous! YOu rocked it again!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

hope you get some sunshine today!

Sue said...

Hi teri
gorgeous card hun, fabby colouring, luv all the embelies, blowing some sunshine your way, sue,x

mulberry station said...

Wow Teri, This a absolutely stunning. I love the tan and browns with the golds and yellow. That bow is incredible!! Your coloring is perfect. WOW!!

Poppet said...

Good work around Teri, making an easel card to get both beautiful images on. I love the colours you have used and the big bow is lush. :-) xx

Tracy said...

wow Teri this is stunning love the colours you have used and the fabulous design. Tracy x