Thursday, 15 July 2010

Reluctant Xmas Card

Hiya folks!

Bit on the late side today, but been rather busy with Eye appointment at hospital for the wee one, followed by shopping for school stuff, and nosh for Anniversary meal, then cooking it and making this card both at the same time! Phew, here I am at last!


I made this card for the Midnight Madness sketch challenge, but needed some kind of theme for it.


I spotted a few challenges were doing Xmas, so I reluctantly decided to go there. I did however get to re-work a previous sketch I did, the Polar Bears. Hope you like it? These fluffies are now on sale in my shop, Delicious Doodles.


I have used the colour theme from Rosie Dee's challenge, which is 'burgundy, cream and pink', and there is a Christmas theme at Fab 'n' Funky, Cute Card Thursday, Fussy and Fancy Friday (just in time for this one I hope), Magical Crafts (last challenge there, was it something I did? Only just found it too!) I might even be lucky enough to get this one in at the Pixie Dust Studio, as they want Red, Green and Cream. Kinda hoping my colours are acceptable here??


What is it with Christmas in July anyhow?? I am trying to avoid it like the plague, but I suppose I'll have to start prepping up some new digi's for the shop sooner rather than later - eeekk!

Righty then, need to wash up the anniversary meal stuff now that hubby has come home from work and had his fill, along with some yummy cheesecake with baileys in it - num-num!! Will have to pop the bubbly soon too, just chillin at the mo. . . See ya later peeps!

22 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is stunning. the image is gorgeous and I love the clours and papers. the poinsettias are magnificent.
Hugs,
Fiona x

itsabrt said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the poinsettia flowers added for dimension! Thanks for playing along with Pixie Dust Studio Challenges! Beth aka BR-T

Poppet said...

Beautiful card Teri I love the frosty highlights. :-) xx

Rebekah said...

Yum I hope you enjoyed your cheesecake Teri! This image is gorgeous, very muted and beautiful a lovely xmas card, I know what you mean about relluctant can't believe I have made 2 xmas cards already in July lol! Hugs Rebekah xx

Sally H said...

Beautiful card, hun! I know what you mean about Christmas themes now. At least lets get the summer hols out of the way first! Hope you have a fabulous anniversary . I haven't even started planning ours yet!

Lovely Linda said...

Happy Anniversary Teri - donner at your house sounds YUMBLY! I love this image, it is so perfect for a Christmas Card, although Christmas can be around 40 degrees Celsius here! Love the flowers too - you are an amazing multi-taker! Love it! Thanks for joining us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, we love to have you with us! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Micki said...

Gawwd girl, lol I'm not ready for Christmas, but I sure am ready for winter....can't handle the humidity. As always your card is absolutely beautiful. Love the glitter on that gorgeous polar bear. hugs

Ginny said...

gorgeous image on this fab card, thanks for joining us at FnF :0)

pam124 said...

Teri, you must be a great multi-tasker to come up with this STUNNER admidst making a meal and school stuff!! My gosh, this one took my breath away and what a gorgeous image!! Your dps and flowers are spot on and I love your bling and ribbon. It doesn't get any better than this. You may send me that card at . . . LOL!! AMAZING work!

P.S. Happy Anniversary!

Thanks SO MUCH for joining the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week and I hope you can come out and play with us next week!

Hugs
pam
MMSC-GD

Sue said...

Teri, when you make a Christmas card this stunning, you shouldn't go into it kicking and screaming!!! hee hee....
Absolutely beautiful, must get that digi, love the frosted looks too. WOW. Happy Anniversary!

Take Care
Sue Drees

Tracy said...

So beautiful, Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Rosie-D’s challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Liz said...

Very nice image lovely card Thanks for playing at MCFC

Liz x

Carol said...

WOW Teri I absolutely adore your card. You are the queen of the "Bear" cards!!! lol I love bears and this speaks to my heart. So sweet and endearing and so beautifully created. I love how their fur sparkles and shines. Great job with the sketch this week. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Tracy said...

wow talk about multi tasking, hope you had a lovely anniversary, the cheesecake sounded very yummy!
love this card the image is so sweet and the colours look fabulous, really beautiful work. Tracy x

Spyder said...

Fabulous card, love the papers you've used, cute image

(Lyn)

Priscilla said...

Oh Terri, this image is fantastic.. Love your card this week.. You know I am a big fan..keep up the wonderful work. Such a wonderful entry and great take on the sketch too. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenges.

Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Mervi said...

Wow Teri, the bears are absolutely gorgeous and the card is so cute and lovely.
Thanks for sharing this with us
at Rosie D's;-))Mervi

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Teri! Your animaldrawings are beyond amazing! Look at this precious moment! I so feel for the polarbear now as their habitat is melting away.

Great card. Love the bow and the poinsettas!

Thanks for joining Midnight Madness Challenge. We appriciate your support and hope to see your faboulus work next week also!

Mvh
Gunn
MMSCDT

Jackie said...

Absolutely gorgeous, thanks for joining the RD challenge this week :)

Emma and Susan said...

Great card! Very inspiring! Thanks for joining us at CCT this week.
Love Susan
xxx

Rainmac said...

Awww Teri, what an adorable Christmas card, I love the cute image and how you've added dimension to it. Thank you for joining us at MCFC, good luck in the draw xxx

Saskia said...

Hello Teri!

Oooh.... sweet card, and so beautiful! Lovely to see your work at Rosie-D's Challenge! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

I hope you're doing fine?

Greetings, Saskia :)