Thursday, 29 July 2010

Pretty in Pink and Blue

Hiya folks!

Almost the weekend - roll on Monday! Why do I say that? Well today sees the start of our yearly Music Festival here in Fochabers, Speyfest. Much as I love to hear all the music, with the fiddles and bagpipes, it is FAR too loud!! I live about 200 metres from the site, and honestly - sometimes I can hear the very old mortar falling out when those drums are beating. I pity the poor sods in the tent - their ears must bleed!! (here I am complaining - I used to go to rock concerts, and my ears were humming afterwards for days!) It might not be so bad if they finished at a reasonable time. My kids can't get to sleep until way after 1am when they decide to finish up. (sigh) Only four days to go. . .

Ah, well. I have a couple of books I can read. I am slowly getting into this whole 'Twilight' thing. My D1 got two of the dvd's, so I have watched those. Not too bad. Now I have the 3rd book and am reading it at the mo. It's all a bit teenaged angst for me though, I may have said it before. Much prefer a more mature Vamp myself, you know, a bit more filled out and less skinny! LOL Right, on to my card for today, which is my entry into a few challenges.

I have used the sketch over at Midnight Madness for this one, although I messed up with the swirly corners. I used some dimension paint and drew some swirlies with dots, but it dried horribly and looked really naff, so I made some flowers for those bits and covered it all up! Here is the sketch:

The background of this card is too pale in my opinion. It is meant to be a pale blue with white dots, but you can't see that at all. The bigger dotty papers are by Funky Hand. All these dots fit the challenge at Simon Says this week (dots). My colour scheme is to fit the theme at Corrosive Challenges which is 'Pink and Blue'. I hope it will fit the theme at Allsorts too, as theirs is 'Baby or Child' this week. I think this would suit a child more so than a baby!


I have used up some of my bits box to make the flowers here, and made them with my punches. The centres are using a couple of large floral gems that I have recycled from an old card I never used. My image is my own, Kitty In A Box, available in my shop Delicious Doodles. I have coloured her with my usual watercolour pencils, and layered with foam pads. Kitty here fits the challenge at Creative Inspirations, and at Rosie Dee's as they are both 'Animals', and also at Charisma Cards this week as their challenge is 'something with a tail'. I know - you can't see the tail, but kitties do have one!!

Phew - just a few challenges then! OK, I have loads of stuff to catch up on today for DT work, and hopefully some more challenges. See you later peeps!


Hugs,

22 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is a gorgeous card. I love the colours and the flowers and your image is super cute.
Wish I could travel - I love Scottish fiddle music.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Karen said...

Aaaawww what a cute kitty Teri. Gorjus card.

Love Karen x

Lynda said...

Ooo you poor thing - all that noise! I'd go away for the weekend lol. A great card and I do love the colours you've chosen to put together... and kitty is a real cutie.

Love Lynda xxx

Saskia said...

Teri,

Thanks for joining us at Rosie-D's Challenge with your beautiful work! Good luck!

Saskia :)

Carol said...

Teri this is just adorable. I love all the layers and dimension on this cute card. Your flowers are absolutely stunning on this card and I love the inked edges. Fantastic job with the sketch this week. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Midnight Madness Design Team

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Oooh I love the colors!! I like that the cat pops out too!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Faye said...

Hi Teri, this is a cool card, love your kitty popping out of the box and the dimension you have created. Thanks so much for playing at Charisma. x

Allison said...

that is one cool cat
Thanks for playing along at Charisma this week
AllisonX

Poppet said...

So cute Teri, I love the shade of pink and blue you have used. Your image is soo cute. You can also enter your card at Cowgirl's Sunday Stamp'en Challenge it's 'Anything Goes' this week. :-) xx

Kim said...

Aw, how cute is this? YOur little Kitty in a box is too sweet. Just imagine being little again and getting this sweet card from someone! This is just darling and so are your colors and the inks are perfect!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

mulberry station said...

I love those wonderful flowers. I really like the sketch and fun color combo. Super cute Teri!

Lovely Linda said...

Awww Teri - I love this card - the dimension just takes it to another level! Gorgeous colours and embellishments - you always add so mich to yoru cards Teri - is is YUMBLY eye candy! Love it! Thank you for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. We love to see your creations and value your support! Love to see you again next week!
Linda MMSC Design Team

NGCARDS said...

Oh this is lovely :) Thanks for joining in this week at Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge Blog! xxx

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Hi Teri! This is very pretty! That cat in the box is sooo cute. Great colors and the flowers looks very good!

Thank you for playing with Midnight Madness this week. I love your work and it is always nice to come and see what you have been up to. Hope your ears survive the music festival!

Hugs
Gunn
MMSCDT

scotspanda said...

great card, the colours are fabulous

thanks for taking up my challenge this week at Allsorts

lotsalove

Amanda :o)

pam124 said...

Teri, I'm in love with your card this week. You use of the sketch is fantastic. LOVE how the colors pop, your combination of polka dot dps and your adorable image. Your flower treatment are top notch too. Your photo backdrop really makes your card pop!!

Thanks SO MUCH for joining the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge and I truly hope you can come back for more fun next week.

Hugs
pam
MMSC-GD

Chris (catt871) said...

This is really cute!! I LOVE how the cat looks like he is right ready to jump out of the box! So cute!!! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp this week!!
Chris & the DT

Priscilla said...

Hit Teri, love the ribbon tabs you have on your card as well as your cute image. It is a joy to check out your blog and work. Love your card and what a great take on the sketch. You have your own special style. Thank you so much for joining in the fun this week at the Midnight Madness sketch challenge.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Hi Teri, I love what you did with this little kitty with all the dimension. Gorgeous flowers too! Pretty colors and details.
So you prefer a more mature vampire huh!!! LOL I love the books and got hooked really quickly so now I have to wait for the last movie as I've finished all the books! Enjoy them!
Thanks so much for playing along with us again this week.
Hugs,
Charlotte
MMSC DT

Paul said...

I tried to read the Twilight books. Struggled through two and a half before giving up - moved onto the Sookie Stackhouse ones instead! Have just finished and posted my Charisma Cardz Project for the Something with a Tail Challenge and now having a look around to see what others have done. Thanks for showing your work and letting me visit.
TFS
Paul
http://craftyblogocks.blogspot.com/

Tracy said...

Super cute, Fab entry, thanks for joining Rosie-D’s challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Jackie said...

How fab is that, great image and I love the colours you've chosen. Thanks for joining us at RD's this week :)