Saturday, 10 July 2010

Pink and Black Halloween

Hiya folks!

Hope your weekend is going well so far. Today seems to be flying away with me! I have spent all morning cooking up this card, don't know where the time goes!


After publishing my Flutterby Fairy yesterday, I twiddled with the original Fairy and made a Halloween version, complete with Pumpkins, webs, and even a wee spider (yuck!) I wanted to do this image for the challenge at Haunted Design House, as this week it is 'Jacko-Lanterns'. Sorry hun, only a few wee ones on here - hope that's enough for you, LOL. 'Halloween Fairy' is now available for purchase in my Delicious Doodles Shop.


I have used the sketch from Mojo Monday for this card, but used a rounded edge oblong for the image, as I didn't fit well in the oval shape:

BUT I have included the oval behind the main image - hope that is acceptable? My sentiment reads: 'Have a spook-tacular day!' It's a bit of a wobbly typeface, but fits the bill here.

My colour palette isn't the usual Halloween colours either. I have used the theme at Crafts and Me which is 'Black, Pink and White'. Yeah, sorry about the orange pumpins, but I haven't ever seen a pink one, LOL.


My image is coloured in with the usual watercolour pencils, and I scanned her into the compy afterwards so I could print out a few times for some layering. This fits in with the challenge at The Pink Elephant, which this week is a recipe: '3 Layers, 2 Die-Cuts and Ribbon'. My ribbon is a pink organza and is behind everything else. The two die-cuts are the Bat and Spider in the top corners, and the layering speaks for itself!


My paper has been on the compy forever and I can't recall where I got it, but I printed it out in black on a magenta base. The frame for the image is a paper I got from a halloween set at either Raspberry Road, or Little Scrap Garden, can't remember which (useless aren't I?) The pink mirri strips came from the local craft shop, and I used a MS border punch on them. The Bat and Spider die-cuts came from ebay a couple of years ago. I added some wee gems for a bit of bling, and some clear stickles to the image for some added sparkle.

Right, still need to finish up on some DT stuff, housework, DIY, more sketches, etc, etc. . . See ya later folks!

17 comments:

Michelle said...

Both fairies are brilliant Teri. Wonderful cards you've made with them too
x Michelle

Maz said...

Lovely card - great colour palette. x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Wow this card is awesome. The colour is so vivid and the layout is fabulous. The image is fantastic. I love it.
Rain hasn't stopped here since last night so pop festival is getting a right soaking.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Barb said...

LOVE this! And believe it or not, I HAVE seen pink pumpkins :) Fabulous coloring, and I LOVE that background paper, not to mention the fairy herself! Thanks so much for playing along with Macabre Monday!

mulberry station said...

Love your cards Teri. The color combos and added emlishments are perfect with your fun image.

Dragonlady said...

You are soooo clever and what a transformation. Just love the deep pink you have used.

Hugs Ali x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Teri this is stunning what gorgeous rich colours and I adore that image and the Halloween themed embellishments it looks super.
Hugs
Lorraine x

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Teri, love the colours and a beautiful image!
Clairex

Lynda said...

The colouring on this is fabulous Teri - absolutely love it!

Love Lynda xxx

Sally H said...

Wow! Both fairies are Awesome hun!

Poppet said...

I think the splash of orange is great and I love the way you have interpreted the sketch it adds dimension. Happy door hanging. :-) xx

gina g said...

Wow brilliant card. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me for this weeks challenge. luv gina xx

Teresa said...

WOW... spooky love it.
Thank you for joining us at crafts and me good luck!
Teresa x

Carol said...

Teri I love this version a lot. It's spookatacular!!! lol

Bear Hugs,
Carol
MMSC-DT

DonnaMundinger said...

OOOh, cool card! Love the image and the dimension. xxD

Kim said...

Here you go, whipping up your most creative magic wand and look at this dazzling creation!!!! I love it. I love the colors, they make her so beautiful!!!! Way to cook up some amazing magic!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Andrea said...

this is great, love the colour combo x