Friday, 2 July 2010

'Owl' Be Loving You

Hiya folks!

WOW - what a gorgeous day it is today. Blazing sunshine, hardly a cloud to be seen! Am I dreaming? Someone pinch me. . .

Today is the very last day at Primary School for my eldest D, boo hoo! No more fluffy teachers. Off to the BIG school after the holidays for her - ooooh, scary! I remember my first day at High School, although it was known as Secondary School then. I had a terrible time, I was a newbie to the area, didn't know a soul. . . still brings a tear to the eye (sniff)


Anyway, enough of the snivelling!! My card today was made to showcase my newest image, Mr + Mrs Owl, available for purchase now in my Delicious Doodles Shop:

I coloured them in with my watercolour pencils and scanned them to the compy so I could print out some layers. I have used this weeks sketch from Midnight Madness for my layout:


And the papers are from Funky Hand, 'Paper Blossom' is the name of the set which is a download. I used some flowery felt trim which I found in my local craft shop, and some organza from the stash for my bow. Pearls are also from the local craft shop. The flower is made using my trusty punches, spare paper from the download kit, and inky edges with another pearl for the centre.


There is some faux stitching round the green panel at the back, which hopefully qualifies for the challenge at Papertake this week of 'Stitching'. Only just about visible though. I used my pencils for that bit too.

Not entirely convinced with this card. I think it's the colours of the papers, they don't gel quite right in my mind, although it is growing on me a bit. . . What do you think? - honest opinions now - flattery will get you everywhere!! LOL

13 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Teri! Teri, Teri - you are your own worst critic - this card is adorable! I love those adorable owls and your colours are perfect!! Love your flowers and the felt flowers - it all adorable - you just sit back and let us be the judge of it!! By the way - love your image on the CDAC Challenge - I was excited to se eit there - you know how I loved your card with it on - thanks for that! We are happy you could join us for this weeks Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, we love to see your work and would love to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

coldwaters2 said...

Well I have been sat here for awhile now just looking at the beautiful detail of this card Teri I just couldn't get enough of those owls they are beautiful and they look fabby raised up on layers like that it looks as if their heads are gonna move lol. The felt flowers, ribbon, bp and pearls have just enhanced the beauty of this card...honestly Teri....I love it. Hugs Lorraine x

Pascale said...

Hi Teri they are awe so cute brill work hun xx Hugs Pascale

Tracy said...

I think this card is fabulous Teri, that image is super sweet and i love all the detail. you worry to much, your cards are always stunning.
hope your daughter enjoyed her last day at primary school.
have a great weekend
Tracy x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is an adorable card. I love the bright colours and those owls are gorgeous.
Hugs,
Fiona x

crafty amy said...

Awe they are sooo cute I love them :D
and you have shown them off so perfectly with this card just gorgeous!

Hugs

Amy xx

Sally H said...

Oh wow! They are soooo cute! I love them, and your card is gorgeous! So much detail and some lovely embellishments

Poppet said...

Well Teri, I've enlarged your piccie and then enlarged it even more and in my honest opinion it's gorgeous. I can't see anything wrong. The papers are perfect together and your image is fab. :-) xx

Carol said...

Teri-I think this card is so sweet. I don't understand why you haven't taken shine to it....lol Those little flower pieces are simply delightful and the paper is very pretty...I can't help but say the over all effect is sweetness and and endearing. Great job with the sketch this week. Thank you for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. I enjoy visiting and viewing your fantastic work.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Design Team

pam124 said...

Teri, this is SO TERRIFIC. I'm in LOVE with your creation this week for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. Your layered owls are ADORABLE and perfectly colored. Your choice of embellies, ribbons, pearls, dp, everything is top notch!! What a winner!

Thanks SO MUCH for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week and I really hope you can share your awesome talent with us again next week!

Hugs
pam
MMSC-GD

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Hi Teri!

This is just too cute! Those darlign owls will keep me smilig for hours I think! Love the colors and the "flowerribbon"! Great take on the skecth!

Thanks for joining Midnight Madness Challenge. We hope to see you again next week!

Mvh
Gunn
MMSCDT

Priscilla said...

Amazing..and congratulations :) Thanks for playing
MMSC
Priscilla

Priscilla said...

Amazing..and congratulations :) Thanks for playing
MMSC
Priscilla