Tuesday, 20 July 2010

Meerkats - Simples!!

Hiya folks!

Forgive the naff title, but when you have an advert with Meerkats and a catchphrase it tends to stick!! LOL. Hope I find you all well today? The sun is out (for a change) so is my washing again! Hoping to dry something today - failed miserably yesterday. It was a lovely morning, much like today, so I hung out the washing and went off to do the weekly shop. And as last week - it blooming well rained while I was out, and for most of the day afterwards!! I hate our weather here sometimes! So unpredictable. Enough!


On to my card for today then. I am lucky enough to be sponsoring the 'Birthday' themed challenge at Digital Tuesday this week with my wee digi-shop, Delicious Doodles. One winner will get to choose four of my digi's to play with - lucky them!! My newest creation is this sketch style image of a wee group of Meerkats:


These guys are so cute IRL. I saw them while at the Black Isle Wildlife Park a couple of weeks ago. I snapped loads of piccies (so quick and shy!) and this image is the combo of what I snapped. I followed a sketch from Sunday Sketch and Stamp for my layout:


The cardstock was printed with a rippled sand image. There is a backing paper from Joanna Sheen with Meerkats on it, the flower and dots papers are from Funky Hand. I used these papers fro my flowers, with copper brads for centres. A quick sentiment, and there you have it - simples! (sorry, lol)


I am also entering this in the challenge at SSDS, which is 'Animals', and at The Pink Elephant where the colour theme is 'Brown'.

So folks, get on over to Digital Tuesday and enter your birthday cards! You may be the lucky winner of FOUR of my images!!

13 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is gorgeous. Another example of you fantastic artwork. The colours on the card and the embellishment are beautiful.
Don't tell anyone but the sun is out today.
Hugs,
Fiona x

blackdragon said...

These little critters are my Dads fav!I hope you are keeping ok and have all your DIY done.... is there no end to your talents girl?!
I always have called you Terribly Talented Teri.... i might have to find another 'T' word to add soon.
thank you for being there for me the last few weeks.... things have been so emotional.... thought by now i'd be over it but i'm not.... my son gets married today...in cuba... and i so wanted to see my only son marry...but maybe next year at this time the photos will help... i now he wishes his dad was alive and i think thats why its a 'runaway wedding'... thank you my talented friend... much love always xxxx and yep i'm still green! xxx

Kim said...

Aw, such a sweet little card! I love your image, this is a great card!!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! This is so beautifully drawn. You are quite the artist.

Penni said...

WOW a beautiful card and what a stunning drawing of the Meerkats. Wonderful.

Hugs
Penni
X

Janie Printz said...

I love your card & although I haven't tried the Digi stamps guess now I'll have to check them out.
Great job on yours.
Hugs, Janie

Sue said...

Hi Teri
aww hun
gorgeous card, stunning image, luv it hun, sue,x

Poppet said...

So cute. Will have to take the plunge after payday. Thank you for the lovely e-mail you sent. :-) xx

JLJ Designs said...

The meerkats caught my eye over on Digital Tuesday. Great work! My dad just got meerkat lawn ornaments, so I may have to make him a card with this digi!

Jennifer

Lisa Foster said...

Hi Teri!
These Meerkats are absolutely DARLING!!! I love your gorgeous card too! WOW!!!! Could you please just bottle up a cc of your talents and ship it to me???? I'm always so in awe!!!
Hugs,
Lisa

Nicola said...

Wow Teri, what a beautiful card. You are so talented and these meerkats are fantabulous.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

crafty amy said...

Oh hun these are just too cute I LOVE them you are so good !! I am going to have to get them :D

Hugs

Amy xx

AmandaB said...

Wow, what a great card.. Thanks for joining us at SSDS..

Amanda:0)