Friday, 9 July 2010

A Feathery Flutterby Fairy

Hiya folks!

I thought it was about time I did some blogging, so I have put the door projects to one side for a day or so, mainly to catch up on my DT work! LOL. But today I am posting this card for a few challenges.


I usually like to play the sketch challenge over at Midnight Madness - been having a run of luck the past few weeks, winning a Remarkables and a Gold Star - yeay!! Thanks ladies - Love ya! So here I am again with my interpretation of the sketch for this week:


I spent the past few nights sketching a new image of a lovely Fairy surrounded by little butterflies. I decided she was perfect for this sketch, and also a few other challenges too. 'Flutterby Fairy' is now available for purchase in my Delicious Doodles Shop, for those who may be interested!! I have used my watercolour pencils to colour her in some yummy summery colours.



This fits the 'Summer' them at Delightful Challenges, Cute Card Thursday and Polka Doodles. At Flutterby Wednesday there is an 'Open' theme, but you must include Butterflies or Fairies. Check! Finally (challenge-wise) the theme at Totally Papercrafts this week is 'Pearls and Swirls', so this qualifies there too (swirly backing papers)


My papers are by Tinker & Co from two old kits named 'Vintage Dressmaker' and 'Shabby Milly'. My feathers are from my stash, but I inked the tips of them to match the darker pink in the card. Pearls are from the local craft shop. Flower made with my trusty punches with pearl for the centre.

My image was scanned into the compy after colouring, and I printed out two copies of it, then used the second copy to cut out the little butterflies, and stick them on top with curled wings. I was going to do a decoupage layered thing but decided against it today. Too pushed for time, what with the kids being on their holidays now, and pestering me all day long! LOL

OK, so off to town now to try and find something to keep these pesky kids occupied (at least for five minutes!) See ya later peeps!

28 comments:

Tracy said...

Fab Entry, thanks for joining Polkadoodles challenge, Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
I love the papers and the feathering. Beautiful image and so well coloured. Gorgeous.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Danni said...

Love the colors you used on this fabulous card! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

KarinsArtScrap said...

hi teri


this is very beautiful
I like the bright colors you have used
great card

greetings karin

Karen said...

Ooooh lovely Teri, love how you've coloured this, thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.
xx

Tracy said...

Teri this is stunning, love the colours you have used and the image is really beautiful, you are so talented. hope you have a great weekend. hugs Tracy x

Craftyanny said...

Hi Terri
That's a fab sketch, your card is brillaint, love the feather
Thanks for playing along with Totaly Papercrafts this week
Anne x

Michelle VP said...

Wow, Teri, I'm so impressed that you drew your own image! I stamp b/c I can't draw, haha. And I love how you colored her and popped up the butterflies around her too. So pretty! Thanks for stamping with us at Flutterby Wednesday! :)

Rachel said...

Gorgeous card!! thanks for joining us this week at Delightful Challenges.
hugs,
Rachel :0)

Sally H said...

Oh wow, Teri! She is a stunner and you have chosen such a lovely vibrant colour scheme too. Love it!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Teri - I love the fiery colours you have used for this image - she is gorgeous and as always, so beautifully coloured. you always add the right amount of dimension...and the feather - divine! Love this Teri!! Thanks for playing along with us at Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, we hope to see you next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Anita said...

The feathers are a perfect touch. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.

pam124 said...

Teri, are you trying to WIN every WEEK???? Can't you let some others have a turn too??? This creation is beyond words. The image is beautiful and colored to perfection. Your colors, dp, flowers, framing, pearls and fiber are totally magical. What a talented lady you are!!

Thanks SO MUCH for joining us in The Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge and I really hope you will share your extraordinary talent with us again next week!

Hugs
pam
MMSC-GD

Kim said...

Sometimes the DIY projects just need a break! I'm glad you are taking one!
And such stylish card to be sharing with us today. I am crazy about your fairy....so BEAUTIFUL!!!!! the little feathery stuff is oh soooo pretty and the bitty butterflies, yum!!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Nettie said...

Beautiful card. I love the detail you have used around your image. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles.x

Barb said...

Beautiful image, Teri, and the coloring is just fabulous!

Susan Hogan said...

You are certainly a women of many parts! Thanks for commenting on my blog. Your work is outstanding by comparison!

Sue said...

Hi Teri
gorgeous artwork hun, stunning card, luv the colours, fabby emeblies, thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

Dragonlady said...

Teri this is so amazing, love the depth and dimension and colours - weel everything.

Hugs Ali x

Poppet said...

I love your colour combo. This image is gorgeous. Beautiful card. :-) xx

Stacey said...

fab card! thank you for playing along with us at polka doodles this week!

Carol said...

Teri this work of art is just amazing. I love the feathery texture and your wonderfully colored image. Absolutely gorgeous. Great job with the sketch. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

This is just beautiful. The colours are amazing and your shading on the fairy is perfect.
Love the feathers with the inked edges too.
Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
Caroline xxx

Priscilla said...

Very cool..love the way you used feathers on this card. Great image! What a wonderful entry and Great take on the sketch too. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenges.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Emma said...

A beautiful card, gorgeous image and details.
Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts & good luck.
Hugs Emma x
PS I am giving away a £10 voucher on my blog, please pop over and enter.

Hope Jacare said...

Great project - thanks for playing along in the summer challenge at Polkadoodles! Cheers Claire x

Jenny said...

A beautifully coloured image & a stunning card! Thanks for sharing your project with us at Polka Doodles.

Fliss said...

This is an absolutely stunning card Teri. The colours are just gorgeous and love the feather touch too.
Thanks for playing along at Polka Doodles this week.
Fliss xx