Saturday, 3 July 2010

Cute Baby Deer - And a FREEBIE

Hiya folks!

How is your weekend so far? Hope all you across the ponders have a great holiday weekend! Obviously we don't celebrate 4th July over here, after all, it was us that you guys separated from! LOL

Last weekend the family and I went to an animal park on the Black Isle. We had great fun stroking all the fluffs, the kids fed everything they could shove their hands at! I took almost 100 photos - trouble is, most of them are naff!! LOL I did get a couple of great shots though, and this little fella was one of them:


Isn't he just toooo gorgeous!! He just stood there in front of Mum looking down the lens at me. Needless to say I snapped away, and just had to go sketch him afterwards. You may get to see Dad at a later date too, maybe even a few other fluffs and feathers! LOL This Baby Deer image is now uploaded into my Delicious Doodles Shop for purchase, should anyone be interested!

I made a card with this image too, following the sketch at MAWTT for my layout:


There is a colour combo at Colour Create, of 'Baby Pink, Peach and Black'. That was a challenging combo I'll tell ya!! Here is the card:


My backing paper is from an old digi-kit by Tinker & Co, named 'Winter Wishes', and the strip in the middle is from a kit named 'Vintage Dressmaker'. I used a MS border punch for the scallops, and put some organza ribbon over it too. My little flowers are made with a punch, with brads for the centres. The two black flowers are also brads, all from the stash. I added some pink dimension paint dots here and there, just to add a little 'something'.


This also fits a couple of other challenges too. At A Spoon Full of Sugar, the theme is 'Animals', and at DU2DS they want to see the 'Great Outdoors'. Hope this will do for that one, LOL.

Oh, and don't forget folks - nip across to my Delicious Doodles Group page on CDAC for my FREEBIE this month. I'd love to see some creations made with the 'Resting Swallows' image!! See you there peeps!

15 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Teri this image is awesome what wonderful drawings you do so talented you are and these don't need anything to show the beauty as it is already there. This image along with the papers and design is just perfect.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Poppet said...

Beautiful card Teri, I wish I had your talent. I love the way you have kept the card simple with delicate details, the image speaks for its self. :-) xx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Fantastic card with a fabulous image. Your eye for detail is amazing. This is gorgeous.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Kim said...

Teri,
This is stunning! I love your deer....the flourishes on the paper are just so magical....stunning!
Blessings,
Kim xXX

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW another stunning sketch from you. I ilove it. Shame I am skint (Baby will be 6 soon so huge birthday list!!!) Grrr!!!
Love the card its super. Thanks for joining in agian with us on MAWTT. Love Hazelxo
P. S Happy Summer Holidays !!!(Was that a groan!! LOL)

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Your new image is adorable and your card is precious! AWESOME job!

Brenda Brown said...

This is just stunning Teri, I love everything about it, the colours, the papers and of course our amazing sketch at MAWTT. Thankyou for sharing this gorgeous creation with us.
Luv Brenda xxx

Mina said...

wow Teri what an amazing card, so beautiful and delicate feeling...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
Mina xxx

Nicola said...

OMG Teri this is awesome. You are so talented and this is one amazing creation, I could just sit here and look at it all day.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

shellshearer said...

OH! I really love that image stunning, love those DP colours gorgeous
Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT this week!
hugs shell xx

thread-bare said...

Fab image & great colours. Thanks for joining in with my final DT challenge at MAWTT xx Clare x

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi there, lovely little image and great card, thanks for joining us over at MAWTT this week, best of luck hugs Heidi xxx

Julie said...

A lovely card

Micki said...

oh Teri this is georgeous! Beautiful!

Dena said...

Wow Teri! This is super gorgeous. Great work!
Thanks for joining us at Colour Create this week!
Hugs, Dena