Sunday, 18 July 2010

A Blue Fairy

Hiya folks!

Hope you are all having a great weekend? Mine is filled with DIY at the mo, just having a quick break to post this card I made this morning while the rest of the house were asleep!

Now, you all know me, I don't do much in the way of rubbah, as I am a digi-girl at heart. Well, after starting to use some Sweet Pea Stamps, I decided to bite the bullet this past week, and bought some more rubbah in the shape of some Sugar Nellies!! Yeay for me!! Conveniently, my local craft shop just happens to be 'Papercrafts', home of 'Funky Kits', our own Sugar Nellie stockists in Elgin. Cool huh??

So, armed with a few yummies, and some more gorgeous cardstock I came home and promptly inked up this gorgeous wee Manga Fairy.


I have been wanting to play at The Sugar Bowl for some time, but not having any of the stamps was unable to - until now!! So here I am playing their sketch, and 'Blue' colour theme:


My backing papers are digi - from Tinker & Co's new mega kit. I have used my Shapeabilities 'Fleur-de-Lys' behind the Fairy, layered onto foam pads, and the edges inked. The corners are cuttlebug dies. My flower is made with punches, with inky petal edges, and a brad for the centre, with some stickles for a bit of bling.

I coloured the Fairy with my watercolour pencils, then I cut her out and popped her up on foam pads too, before adding some more stickles. Ribbon bow from the stash, and hand-tied. Feathers also from the stash.


I am entering a couple of other challenges too, which are: Totally Papercrafts - '1ximage, 1xribbon, 2xdp, 3xembellies' : Flutterby Wednesday - 'Layers +Fairy or Butterfly'.

I think I might also be rather brave and enter this in the 2010 Cardmaker of the year competition in the Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine. You never know. . .!!

OK, off to have some late Sunday lunch, then crack on with the DIY (ooooh, power tools! YUM)

11 comments:

Danni said...

This is stunning!! Wow!! Fabulous creation! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Poppet said...

Loving the blue tones. I have the pendant die and only use it at Christmas (naughty girl must use more often). This stamp is very cute. and she looks good with the sparkle. :-) xx

Simone said...

OMG that is a stunning card! I could stare at it for hours! Thanks for the inspiration.

Donna said...

I'm loving your blue fairy Teri, such a stunning card and so many beautiful elements :) Donna x

Kim said...

OMG, this is such a stunning blue card..... I love everything about it....your image is fabulous, love the glitter too! Your inking is yum!!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Ms. Jen said...

I love all the blues. So beautiful. You did a gorgeous job on this card. You should be very proud.

Sue said...

Hi Teri
gorgeous card hun, faby colouring, luv all the sparkle, lovely layout & papers, thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

joey said...

Hiya Teri

this is gorgeous I love the layering,thanks for joining us at tpc

Joey.x

Jodi said...

GORGEOUS work!! I just love how winter-y she looks!! Thanks for joining us at Flutterby Wednesday!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Michelle said...

This is one BEAUTIFUL card!! Love all the details and what an amazing fairy!! Thank you for joining us at FBW this week - your creation is sensational!!

Lilian said...

WOW WOW WOW! Simply stunning and the details are fabulous! Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl challenge!