Friday, 30 July 2010

Arachnophobe? Look Away Now!!

Hiya folks!

Hope I find you all well today? My eyes are a bit blurry this morning, I have been reading 'Eclipse' just lately until late in the night. Need to get it back to the library on Monday so I have to finish it by then - eeek!

My card today gave me the jitters to make. I absolutely HATE spiders!!! So when I saw that was the theme over at Haunted Design House my stomach dropped - ugh! Now last year I doodled a wee spidey, but it was a bit cute, and I decided to take the bull by the horns and draw a nasty one. I think I succeeded, even if it did make me shudder to do it!!

It is based on a Black Widow. I have seen tattoos with spiders and one with a skull body, so I thought I would incorporate that into my design. No, I haven't copied it - the original was very graphic in style with bones for legs! Anyway, this is now loaded into my shop Delicious Doodles (not really a delicious doodle is it?? LOL) I have named it Skull Spider (original huh?)


I have used the sketch from Sketch and Stash for this card. Sorry ladies if you were expecting a cutie card, LOL!! I do have a bit of a DARK side hiding secretly beneath the facade - mwuhahahaha!! Here is the sketch:


My colour theme of 'Green, Red, Black and White' comes from the challenge at OCC. This one finishes tomorrow so I am just about on time with this card! Turns out this week's challenge at Totally Papercrafts is 'Movies' - how about 'Arachnophobia' for this one. Yes, I did actually manage to watch this movie - GOD, did it make my skin crawl - yuck!

Right, some deets then. My backing is another one of my own, a cobweb, which I printed onto plain paper and stuck to some cardstock. I used the same image under the spider, but in black on red this time. The green cobweb paper is a digi dp I bought last year, but neglected to note where it came from, sorry! My text is compy generated - a typeface named 'Dracula'. This was done twice in two colours to make a drop shadow. I bought some yummy lace trim in black on ebay, and I just had to use it here, topped with a black organza hand-tied bow. Last deet was a few black pearly bits at the top.


The spider was printed large onto an A4 piece of card for me to colour in. Me no good at colouring small images! When it was dry, I scanned it in and printed it out a few times (on one sheet) to get my layers. Then I had to snippy snip round all the spindly legs and layered it up with foam pads. Then I added a few white highlights to it, as it lacked a bit of definition.

There, hope I haven't creeped you out too much folks! You might get to see a few more yucky images before Halloween hits - be warned!!! Mwuhahahahaha!

Hugs,


14 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Wow this is a fantastic image. The card is stunning. I lov ethe colours.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Jill said...

wow wow wow Teri this is stunning and so creative, I love the cobweb in the background and the bow thanks for joining us at Sketch n stash hugs Jill xx

Andrea said...

absolutely brilliant card and fab drawing xx

Barb said...

ACK! This is soooo fantastic, Teri! All of that cutting, wonderful coloring, and the image is off-the-charts cool. Thanks for playing along with Macabre Monday!!!

Spyder said...

agh!! Lovely!! Just saw this on the DT post, I think it's fabulous!

(Lyn))

Lynda said...

That is one Creeeeepy crawly lol but a great drawing - you're so clever Teri. The card is fantastic and I love the spider's web especially the black on red it's so effective.

Love Lynda xxx

Sue said...

TERI TERI TERI ARGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH
how can i look away when i have to comment!!!!!
Fantastic card hun, awesome inage & papers, need another glass red to stop shakin now! lol
Thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue.x

joey said...

Hiya Teri Hun

you have created a fab drawing! too fab it did it job and made me shudder lol, thanks for joining us at tpc

Joey.x

sweetbloominscraps said...

Hello Teri, Just wanted to stop in a say hello! Hope you are doing well. I your spider is way too real! Nice job! Ekkkk!!! Have a great week!

Poppet said...

Fab card Teri, absolutely terrifying. Print these out A4, black and glow in the dark paint hang them up. Halloween sorted. :-) xx

Kim said...

No creeping out here. Spiders don't bother me, snakes are another story!

I will have to remember this one at Halloween. The kiddos will enjoy it! YOu did a "creepily awesome" job with this....the web is perfect against the red!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Teri, this is horrible.... lol**
That spider is so realistic, especially with it being 3D'd. Awesome work.. and a great take on our challenge.
Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
Caroline xxx

theneon said...

Amazing amount of work to create an amazing card -- love it!

Emma said...

Wow such a fabulous card Teri.
Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts and good luck.
Hugs Emma x
www.craftyemmasstore.co.uk