Monday, 26 July 2010

Anything Goes at Sweet Pea Stampers!

Hiya folks!

Hope you all had a good weekend? We had a great day out yesterday at our local amusement park with fun rides for the kids. Cost a fortune though - Agh!! Shame it pelted it down with rain at the end of our trip - glad we didn't get a soaking. We went early enough to avoid the worst of it, phew!

This week over at Sweet Pea Stampers, we have an 'Anything Goes' theme for you to play along with, so come on folks - ink up those SPS and get stamping!!


Some of you my remember the wee gift box card I made the other day, well, I said I may do some more of them, and here we are with one! HERE is the tutorial I used for the original box on the other post. I just modified this version here to fit the size I wanted. Had to redo the drawer section though, as I goofed up my measurements - duh!


The card on the top is an easel card. I have used some of my X-cut punches for this one. I have an old snowflake corner punch of theirs and used it to make the frames. With the little snowflake shapes left over, I made the flower centres, and used another daisy punch for the main parts.


The bigger flowers in the corner are made with the same daisy punch, and also a larger one. I added loads of wee gems to them for some yummy bling. I left the bottom frame blank in the middle for the greeting - albeit a small one at that! LOL. Last thing was to add an organza bow - hand-tied of course!


I have inked up Ching Chou-Kuik's 'September Rhythm' for this card, and coloured with my usual watercolour pencils. I added some stickles for a bit of bling. Not too chuffed with my colouring on this one to be honest. I think I chose the wrong backing colour, needed to be a deeper shade of something to bring out the figure. Ah well, next time huh?!!


I am entering a couple of challenges with this one. First at Stamp Something where the theme is 'Flowers', and at Sweet Stampin' where the theme is 'Vintage'. Hope it looks vintage enough, didn't do any distressing, but there are a few inky edges.

Righty then folks, head over to the Sweet Pea Stampers blog and take a look at my DT sisters creations if you need inspiration. And have a nosey at the prize this week!! Let's see those 'anything goes' projects peeps!

10 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is amazing. The box is beautifully crafted but putting an easel card on top is a stroke of genius. This is gorgeous.
hugs,
Fiona x

Larisa said...

This is really amazing - just no a word to say how much it is wonderful. Very good job!!!
Hugs. Larisa. xxx

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri

Great job hun, love the easel card on top of the box. Great flowers and the bow too.

Hugs Ali x

Vanessa (aka V, Nessa, oldschool) said...

Teri...this is just gorgeous!!!

Angela said...

Love this Teri!! I have got to get my hands on those flower punches!!! They always llok so beautiful on your cards!!1
Hugs:)
Angela

CraftyC said...

Your box is gorgeous Teri, very sweet indeed!
Clairex

Saskia said...

Teri,

Wow! Wow! Gorgeous work!!! You're so creative!!

Saskia :)

BonnieRose said...

this is such a cute card, thks for participating this week in our STAMP SOMETHING CHALLENGE..

Debbie said...

This is very pretty and oh so clever! Thank you for sharing your design with us at SSCB :)

Debbie said...

This is such a great idea for a beautiful gift - I love your design.