Saturday, 24 July 2010

Angel, or Fairy??

Hiya folks!

I hope I find you all well this Saturday morning? Good start here, except I couldn't get Paypal to work earlier! Almost didn't get to list my new images, but thankfully it is back up and running now. Must have been one of those compy gremlins! LOL. Apologies, but this post has quite a few piccies - grab yourself a coffee!!

I have been seeing all those 'Christmas in July' themes in the last couple of weeks, and thought I had better jump on the wagon before it was too late, so I have drawn some new digi's which I finally got to upload just a few minutes ago to my Delicious Doodles shop:





Thinking about it, this could also be a Christmas Angel, so that is what I coloured her as, in lovely golden colours with purple highlights to match the rest of my project. I used my usual watercolour pencils for this, then scanned into the compy to print off my layers. I did the same with the Poinsettia corner motif. Managed not to cut off the flourishes like I did with my Rose corner on yesterday's post! I have put some stickles on these for some Christmas bling.


There is a wonderful competition that has just started over at Polka Doodles, which is a colouring comp., with some fabulous prizes for the winner. Their challenge for this week is to make a Christmas something, so I decided to use this project for both! Hope that's allowed ladies??


I have also been seeing some fabulous Gift Box Cards in blogland, so I checked out the tutorial over on SCS, and decided to have a go at it myself, and this is the result, using a layout from the challenge at Pixie Cottage:


Please forgive my rather naff photos. Somehow I just can't get the colours to look the same as the project actually looks IRL.


At Pixie Dust Studio, the challenge is to make a Gift Card Holder with a Christmas theme, I know mine is a box, but you could put the gift or gift card in the drawer section couldn't you?? My next challenge to enter is over at Flutterby Wednesday. Their theme this week is Christmas but you need to include a butterfly, angel or fairy.


I am loving how this turned out. It took blooming ages for me to decide which ribbon to use. I went through almost the whole lot or organza, but nothing looked right. Then I got out my box of thin satin ribbon and happened across this gold one which went perfectly - phew! My background paper is digital and has been on my compy for ages. Can't recall where I got it now, sorry about that. The frame dp is from Tinker & Co., with gold mirri behind it. I have used gold gems and gold brads, and the flowers are punches with stickles for highlights. This fits in with the recipe challenge over at Penny's Challenges.


Must apologise for the peel-off too! Most folk seem to hate using them, but I find they have their place! How else would I have got that lovely shiny sentiment? My printer doesn't print gold embossing, and I can't get the hang of doing proper stamped gold embossing. My card always bends with the heat and looks really naff!!


Phew! Told you it had loads of photos! Think I might make a few more of these boxes. They look so complicated, but are really quite simple. Right then folks, think I have bored you for long enough, so I'm off to finish up some more DIY stuff and do some DT work before I forget!! No post tomorrow, off to the local Amusement park with the family. No, I won't be going on the big rides, maybe a few kiddie sized ones with the little one, but that's as far as I go these days! LOL. See you later folks!

20 comments:

Frideborg said...

Oh I love the angel so beautyful.

Love Marina

Poppet said...

Beautiful card Teri, I'm really loving the purple Christmas. Your image is gorgeous and beautifully coloured and I'm loving the beautiful floral corners you are drawing.
:-) xx

Kim said...

Teri,
this poinsettia is beautiful! I can see it being used as a name tag on a Christmas present.
The fairy is so elegant too! Just look at the stunning card/box you created with her....love it!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Your layering amazes me! You must have a lot of patience! ove the purple hair and the glitter. Very beautiful christmascard!

Hugs
Gunn

Tanya Rudd said...

WOW! This is just so gorgeous. Thank you for participating in The Pixie Cottage Challenge this week.
Hugs
Tanya

Ildiko said...

These are gorgeous Tery.Love the way you coloured the fairy/angel
hugs
Ildiko

Pam said...

This is just beautiful! Thanks for playing along with the Pixie Cottage challenge this week.
~Pam

Nettie said...

This is stunning. Thank you for joining in at Polkadoodles this week and don't forget our colouring challenge too.x

Adrina said...

Great how you've used the sketch.
I really love your christmasbox. Beautiful colours.
Thanks for sharing at The Pixie Cottage.
Adrina XX

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Teri I am just starting on my voyage of delight coming to see some beautiful creations and to catch up on what I have been missing and this is awesome I am loving this so much thank you for the link I have bookmarked it so I can have a go lol...the image and your colours are a pure delight to me.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Barb said...

Wow! Teri, she is beautiful! Love the coloring and the box is a wonderful project!

Danni said...

Gorgeous creation! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Cheryl said...

oh wow this is so beautiful the coulrs the image,the papers,just love it such a wonderful take on our sketch,bless you for playing at the pixie cottage this week,hope to see you again real soon,love hugs cheryl xxxx

Tracy said...

Gorgeous Entry, thanks for joining Polkadoodles challenge, Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

margie c said...

Stunning gift box! The colors and image are amazing! Beautiful job :)
Thank you for joining the Pixies this week!
hugs, margie

Lynn said...

What a fantastic gift box and the image, colouring and embellishing is out of this world...You are extremely creative :) Lynn xx

Beautiful Greetings said...

WOW...this is amazingly beautiful. I love absolutely everything about it. Thanks for playing with the Pixie Cottage this week!

Tip Top said...

Great box and such fab images too!!!! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Goergeous project. Thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge. Dee x

Merry said...

This is stunning...what a clever idea to colour then scan your image to create your own decoupage.