Wednesday, 16 June 2010

Visiting Japan at The Sisterhood

Hiya folks!

'Tis me again. Second post of the day, scroll down for The Creative Cottage

This week over at The Sisterhood Of Crafters we are travelling across the globe to the island of Japan. What do you think of when you need something Japanese? Dragons, Blossom, Geisha, chopsticks?? The possibilities are endless folks!


I chose to use a couple of my images for my card. These are available for purchase in my shop, Delicious Doodles. My little Oriental Geisha was paper-pieced and printed a couple of times for the layering, as well as on blank paper for my watercolouring. The Waterlilies here are actually taken from my Waterlily image, and has been cut up and moved about a bit to fit the side. The papers are from a Debbie Moore cd.


I added some bling by spreading some metallic gold rub on around the edges of the card, and by dotting some dimension paint in the corners. Real simple, but I think it's quite effective, what do you think?? Does it need some ribbon. . .?

My sistah's have come up with some yummy goodies again this week. Head over to The Sisterhood for a looky!!

9 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is gorgeous work. Really classy and well crafted. I love it.
Hugs,
Fiona x

mulberry station said...

Oh Teri, this is absolutely gorgeous!!! Love it!!!!

Clare said...

Wow Teri, some beautiful & stunning cards hun. Sorry not popped by for a while but have not been so good. I am spending the afternoon catching up on some fab blogs. I always love stopping by yours as you make so many!!! i think i need to steal some of your mojo at the moment!. Have a wonderful week darl, hugs Clare xxx

Kim said...

Love your Geisha Girl....and the beautiful flowers! you really hit this one home, sweet friend!
Blessings,
kim xXx

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This is FABULOUS Teri! Both of your images are adorable and of course work perfectly together (imagine that!! LOL) Love your background paper ... it looks like fabric! GREAT job as always! Thanks for the oriental inspiration!!

Becky said...

Wow! I love your Geisha Teri and adore the way you've paper pieced her, a stunning card!! xx

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Teri she is absolutely gorgeous what fantastic colours and that water lilly is definitely a must with this image you have designed this perfectly.
Hugs
Lorraine x

crafty amy said...

This is gorgeous hun I love the oriental look and these 2 images of your are beautiful!

Hugs

Amy xx

Lisa B said...

As always Teri you have amazed me with your talent! Not only with the images that you drew but with the whole darn card. My mouth is still hanging open days later!! I wish I had an ounce of your talent..seriously what I could do if I knew what you know!! LOL!
thanks for making me proud this week and for making such an amazing card for the challenge.