Tuesday, 1 June 2010

A Touch of Texture

Hiya folks, me again!

This post is my DT piece for Tuesday Taggers, and this week Zoe chose the theme of 'Touchy Feely Texture'.

For my card I have used the sketch from Midnight Madness, as they have a sneak peak every Friday you can use the weekend to work with it - cool huh? Trouble is, the sneaky peak was a bit late this time, just as well, as it gave me more time to come up with this new Digi-image, an Electric Guitar:



You can buy this in my shop, Delicious Doodles now, as I have just uploaded it. Right, the sketch then:


I came across a new challenge blog last week, Studio313, who had a theme of 'Basing your project on one of the Top Ten Best Selling Albums'. After reading through the list I came across one of my most fav bands AC/DC, so I just had to pick that one didn't I? So my card is very Black, as their best selling album is 'Back in Black'. Fab! Of course I had to have some contrast in it to accentuate the black, so I chose silver (and the tiniest touch of purple too, can you see it??)


I have tilted the square bit in the middle of the sketch, as it didn't fit between my silver buckle shapes - which by the way are hand cut, as I don't have any silver buckles, or any other colour buckles for that matter!! Made them using silver mirri, a very sharp scalpel, and some black textured paint dots. I added some of that to the main circle too.


My other textured stuff? Ribbon, some Core-dinations card run through a cuttlebug folder and sandpapered, some silver sticky brad heads, some sticky backed felt paper, glossy black card, more silver mirri card, and a black fluffy feather - yum! Hope that's enough texture for ya! LOL

Just happens that the theme over at Delightful Sketches and Challenges this week is also 'Texture', and I'm also entering it at Crafty Catz, as their theme is 'Boys' - now how many boys don't dream of being an Axe-Man!??! I think I'll also go for the challenge at Charisma Cardz, as their theme is 'Circles' - yes, there are circles here. . .!!


Phew, enough from me then folks, I'll give you some peace now, until tomorrow - LOL. Don't forget to head across to the Tuesday Taggers Challenge Blog for some extra yummy inspiration with all the touchy feely stuff, and why not play along? You could be our winner this week of a prize from Tanda Stamps!

29 comments:

Clarky J said...

This is brilliant Teri and love your rock chick reminising too! I loved AC/DC in my youth my fav track being whole lotta Rosie :0)

Kim said...

Love this rock and roll guitar! Honey this one ROCKS!!!! Love all the black and silver with the embossing.
Blessings,
kim xXx

PatR said...

Rock on Teri. Fabulous creation, love the guitar.
Pat xx

pam124 said...

Teri, what a really, really COOL creation you've come up with. And, I'm impressed, you design your own digi images!! Way 2 go! I LOVE your black and silver card and that guitar is fantastic. The circular silver buckles and that fluffy feather just put this one over the top!! Thanks so much for playing the Midnight Madness Challenge this week!!

Pascale said...

Hi hun you secret rock chick you. I love your card really bold. Great digi too. Hugs pascale

Karen said...

Oooh great card, my son would love it as he play guitar and one very similar to this one. Thanks for joining us at Deligthtful Sketches.
xx

Zoechaos said...

Fabulous card 'cause lovin' the texture but its your guitar that blows me away. Wonderful. xx Zoe

Poppet said...

Great card Teri, very dramatic. Love the feather. :-) xx

Sally H said...

Wow, wow, wow! And you are an AC/DC fan too! I salute you my friend!

Carol said...

Oh Teri this is absolutely fabulous. I love those black feathers in the corner. How awesome all your details are on this show stopper. It so classy and full of instant appeal. Great job with the sketch this week. Thanks for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Kristine said...

Love this!! So does my 10 yr old who plays the guitar :) Perfect for Shawne's Hotspot challenge!

Jen said...

OH my gosh, this is FABulous Teri! Your guitar is awesome and love how you incorporated all the texture and details on this card! Looks like the inspiration is sure bringing out your 'rock side'! And, thanks for joining us at Studio 313!

Lisa said...

whoo hoo rockin' card, thanks for joining us at DS

rosalien said...

Whow, this card really rocks, my son woul love this type of card.:)) Thanks for playing with DS.

Rosalien

Nikki Schmaltz said...

Wow Terri! This is so cool. A completely ROCKIN' card. Thanks for sharing over at Studio 313!

Silvia said...

Fantastic card, love the guitar.

tracy said...

this is brilliant my daugher would love this, fabulous design. hugs Tracy x

Allison said...

love it
thanks for playing along at Charisma this week
Allison x

Suzanne said...

This is brilliant. Perfect card for a male. I love the image. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Catz this week and hope to see you again next week
Hugs
Suzanne x

Ildiko said...

Wow this card defenetly Rocks. I love every bit of it
hugs
Ildiko x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Teri
A fabulous card,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz for this week's challenge,
Hugs Dianne xx

Lisa Foster said...

WOW! TERI! This is SO Rockin'!!! Fabulous job! Love the guitar!
Hugs,
Lisa

Kelly Schelske said...

What a fabulous card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Studio 313!

Farm Girl said...

WOW! Your creative talent is just amazing!!! I just love this card! Thanks for playing along at Delightful Sketches & Challenges

xxx

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Teri, this turned out so fabulous! Love the black and silver bits and of course your texture is just perfect. I see the touch of purple in one of your photos...nice touch! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week. Look forward to seeing you again next week!
Hugs,
Charlotte
MMSC DT
Studio313 DT

Priscilla said...

My son would love this card. Wonderful card entry. Great take on the sketch too. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenges.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Teri - this is SENSATIONAL!! My guitar playing 14 year old DD1 would flip over this card - in her words it is 'HEAPS COOL!' Love it - and all of the texture and layering!! You ROCK Teri and are always such an inspiration! Thanks for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Chsllenge this week, I always love to see your cards!! I look forward to seeing you next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Teri, what a funky card! Love it! Great texture. Thanks for joining us over at Digital Delights. Good luck and I hope to see your creativity again!

~Michelle~ said...

this is SO perfect for our theme at Studio 313....love all of your details....great take on the layout too...>FAB! Hope you can join us again!!