Monday, 21 June 2010

Sweet Pea Stampers - Stitching

Hiya folks!

Hope you all had a great weekend. I went for a lovely walk yesterday, first time for blooming ages! Don't go walking much - note to self - do it more often!! Not that the day was a great one. Grey as usual, and it rained when we got back!! Ah, well. At least I didn't get wet. . .

My card for today then is my DT piece for the Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge Blog, and this week's new theme is 'Stitching', be it real or fake or even both, it's up to you! I have actually done some real stitching for a change! Woah! I didn't get out my machine either, never done machine stitching on a card before, and wouldn't know where to start, so I went for some hand-stitched corners. Really simple, but quite effective with gold thread to match my other gold blingy bits.


I used a variety of printed papers and selected my colours to match the colouring that I had done for the image, Spring Luna by Ching Chou Kuik, available in the Sweet Pea Stamps store, or at Crafts and Me here in the UK. I have coloured her with my watercolour pencils in lovely rich colours. Just love purple and black together, especially with a bit of gold. Really rich and sumptuous, yum!

I have used a sketch for the layout here, from Bizzy Becs Creatalicious Challenge Blog, and they also have an extra requirement of 'stitching':


Just so happens that the theme at Crafty Creations is also 'stitching' this week, so I am also entering this card there.

I used purple core-dinations for the base card, with gold rub-on around the edges. The ribbon bows are hand-tied and come from my stash, the flowers are paper from the stash, with gold punch centre and metallic purple brad. Gold brads are also from the stash. I added some gold stickles to the flowers and as highlights to the image too.


Must say I am pretty pleased how this one turned out. Loving the richness of it, hope you like it too! We'd love to see your creations this week, so join in if you can.
Head over to the Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge Blog for some more yummy treats from my DT sisters. You may be lucky enough to win one of the prizes, and don't forget our yummy Sweet Pea Candy, donated by Lynette at Sweet Pea Stamps, only a few days left to enter!!

14 comments:

Kim said...

Stunning colors....Your image is to die for! love the color blending on this , the distressed embossing is fantastic! Your gold stitching is the perfect touch!!!! YOu really need to enter this into Practical scrappers this week, it is flowers...
Blessings,
Kim xXx

craftyb said...

oh this is totally stunning....your colouring is amazing and the colour mix is WOW...i love it! Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

Pascale said...

Hi there this is so gorgeous and rich. I totally adore the purple with the gold it is beautiful. I love the stitched corners too. A Wonderful card hun. Hugs Pascale

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
I just love the colours in your card. They work beautifully together and the image is very well done. I love it.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Rebekah said...

This is stuuning Teri! I just love those colours and the image is divine! Hugs Rebekah xx

Saskia said...

Beautiful work Teri!!

Greetings, Saskia :)

coldwaters2 said...

WOWWWW Teri this is awesome the colours and image are totally beautiful oh my I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

mulberry station said...

Very, very, elegant Teri!

Cheryl said...

GORGEOUS,love the beautiful rich colours!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!
xx

crafty amy said...

Hiya Teri Sorry I am late again and on my catch up for all my DT's. This is quite simply stunning!! Really I love everything about it. The touches of stitching are just amazing and the colourcombo is so rich and expensive looking I could look at it for days.

Hugs

Amy xx

Alex said...

This is STUNNING!! WOW, just WOW!!!!

WickedPixie said...

You should be pleased - this is stunning! I am so glad you shared it on the sweet Pea Forum at SNR so I knew to come look at it! :-)Traci

LINDA said...

OH Teri this is simply stunning..Love everything about this one.. Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious..
Hugs, Linda

Kylie said...

OMG - what a gorgeous card! I love the rish colours. Amazing.
Thanks for playing at Creatalicious this month
Hugs
Kylie