Monday, 28 June 2010

Sweet Pea Stampers - Earth Wind or Fire

Hiya folks!

Oh yeah! The sun is out!! Feels like we are on fire today (for a change) yeay!! Tenuous link there, to the new theme at Sweet Pea Stampers, which this week is all about the elements 'Earth, Wind or Fire'. You decide which you want to make a project about. I chose to do FIRE.

Must admit I have been eagerly awaiting this challenge as I have wanted to ink up this gorgeous 'Rising Flame' image for ages!!


I have coloured her with my watercolour pencils and got the stickles out again for some bling. I followed the sketch from OCCSC for my card, although I just noticed I left the sentiment off, ah well, I'll put one on if I send this anywhere:


I did add some extra bits though, in the shape of the corners which are cuttlebug die cuts, and I added some metallic rub on and ink to give them some depth.This hopefully fits the bill at Crafty Creations whose challenge is to add shine and glitz. (stickles, metallic rub on, glittery ribbon, just about visible LOL)


I have used a plain orange cardstock to which I added inky edges. The swirly backing paper is a Tinker & Co one, that I adjusted the colours on to suit this theme. Same one for the frame but in reverse. The flame-looking paper across the middle is actually a Zebra print that I adjusted the colour on too. These were all digi-papers. The flower is made with my trusty punches. Need to replace one or two of these, as I noticed the metal has split round the shape and makes for a raggedy edge. The brad and ribbon bow are from the stash. I added some dimension paint to the flower petals too.

Can't wait to see which element you all choose for your entries. There is a lovely Elaine Cox stamp for the prize this week, as well as the chance to 'Guest', so go on - head over to the Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge for all the deets and some more wonderful pieces by my DT sisters! See you there!

11 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is astonishing. I love the colours and layout and the flower and ribbin are beautiful. What a fabulous image.
Overcast here today with the odd sunny spell.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Pascale said...

Hi Teri this is so STUNNING I adore your watercolouring and this is really firey GORGEOUS xxx Hugs Pascale

Jane said...

wow wonderful! I love the colours!

hugs Jane

coldwaters2 said...

WOWWWWW Teri this is one amazing card what a fabulous colour combo and just absolutely love that image wowwww this I love.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri

Stunning card, love your colouring and all the inking and embellies.

Hugs Ali x

JAN said...

hi Teri..your card is so beautiful fiery and fantastic ilove your watercolour pencil skills super gradiation wonderfully blended and a fantastic card hugs janet

Poppet said...

Beautiful card Teri, the colours are so vibrant. Love everything. :-) xx

Sally H said...

Wow! That is so beautiful! Love the colours!

Kim said...

I LOVE this goddess of fire...that is what I think of when I see this.....so stunning!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Thanks for asking about mom and Gran, both are doing great!!!

Micki said...

Gawwwdddd, this is beautiful. I absolutely love it. I knew you'd choose Fire as would I, lol.... I love the background on the image panel. Awesome girl - awesome!!!!

Hope Jacare said...

Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations with your lovely project - great colour - fab! Cheers Claire x