Monday, 7 June 2010

Sweet Pea Stampers - Aqua & Brown

Hiya folks!

Glad you could join me here this damp and dreary Monday. I hope I find you all well and you all had a great weekend. I got loads of crafting done yesterday, but all DT stuff, so you'll have to wait for it - LOL


I can however reveal my DT piece for this weeks new theme at Sweet Pea Stampers. We have a yummy colour combo for you of 'Aqua and Brown'. I do hope I got my aqua colour right, there are so many interpretations of that colour!! I have used a sketch from Pixie Cottage for my layout:



I inked up my Egypt Mermaid stamp for this one, and coloured her with my usual watercolour pencils. I do believe I may be getting the hang of colouring small scale now, LOL!! Although I do still go over the lines a bit!

My papers are from Tinker & Co., 'Tranquility' and a freebie from last year for the background. I have made the flowers from spare pieces using my trusty flower punches, with some gems for the centres. I am entering this into the challenge at Sir Stampalot this month, as their theme is 'Punches'. I am also entering it at the Pixie Dust Studio, as their theme is also 'Punches' this week.


I have added a bit of sparkle with some greeny-blue stickles to the image. If you wondered how I did the frame for the image, I printed out some papers with the brown frame border and cut out the centre of it so that it fitted ever so slightly smaller than the image, then stuck it on top of the coloured image. The sentiment is computer generated.

Don't forget folks, we have some yummy candy for you to win at Sweet Pea Stampers, so get yourselves over there for all the deets, and for some more fabby inspiration from the girls!

22 comments:

crafty amy said...

Hiya teamie :D
This is stunning your colouring is amazing I would say it is safe to say you are with with small scale!

Hugs
Amy xx

Lisa B said...

OMG! Teri you did a fabulous job on this card! LOVE IT!

Adrina said...

beautiful card, with lovely warm colours.
Thanks for joining the Pixie Cottage this week.
Adrina XX

Pascale said...

This is gorgeous I adore your flowers and the colouring hun. Glad you had a productive weekend me too xxx Hugs Pascale

Nicola said...

Wow this is beautiful Teri, fab colouration and gorgeous glittery detail. Love your take on the sketch and the papers you have chosen and as always your floral detail is fabulous.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Teri this is awesome WOW this is the sort of card that I aspire to make. The colours, papers, punching and image are a pure wonder I love this so much thank you for sharing it with us at Sir Stampalot.
Hugs
Lorraine x

brenda said...

Hi Teri

This has a really rch feel to it, totally Egyptian, thank you for sharing it with us at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

B x

Sharon said...

A super card Teri. The papers and your home made flowers look fabulous. A brilliant use of the sketch layout.
Thanks for joining us at the Pixie Cottage Challenge.
Sharon xx

Pam said...

Gorgeous job on your card!!! Thanks for joining us for our challenge this week at the Pixie Cottage.
Pam

Angela said...

WOW, Teri this is so pretty!! Love the Brown and Aqua!!! SO stunning!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Davi said...

Beautiful image and pretty flowers. Thanks for joining us at the Pixie Cottage.

Micki said...

Awesome job. This image has always been a little hard for me. Sooo much detail but wow!!!! as always your card rocks!

love it! PS: yeah, I've thought about moving but love those grandkids too much. :-)

hugs

Micki said...

oh no, my comment didn't save..... blogger has been acting up all day.

Love your card...this image (to me) is one of the harder ones because of the detail but you've created another master piece :-).

hugs

Cheryl said...

oh wow hun this really is one stunning image,super colouring on this too,thanks for joining us at the pixie cottage hope to see you again soon,love hugs cheryl xxxxx

Rebekah said...

How much do I love these sweet pea images?! This colour combo is just lovely too! Hugs Rebekah x

Clare *Littlebear* said...

This is beautiful. I love the sparkle and the gorgeous flowers.
Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Clare x

Bonibleaux Designs said...

The first thing I did when I saw this was start singing "Walk like an Egyptian" by The Bangles LOL

Very cool on the coloring my little Chiquita Banana....oh there I go another song running through my pea brain!! LOL

pinky said...

Its really gorgeous Teri, lovely combination of papers and colours. Well done on your placement at Midnight madness, you had my vote. Thanks for sharing at sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Katie said...

What a fabulous card!
Gorgeous image and so well colored!
Thanks for playing in The Pixie Cottage this week :)

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautiful! Fab coloring and amazing details. Thanks for playing at The Pixie Cottage this week, hope to see you back again! :)

Francesca said...

A great card and the colours are wonderful, thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck!.
Hugs
Francesca

Lisa said...

This is beautifully colored. Just lovely! Thank for playing with Pixie Dust Studio this week!