Thursday, 24 June 2010

A Summer's Swallow

Hiya folks!

Welcome to my little corner in cyberspace, hope I find you all well today? The summer holidays are fast approaching, my little one is on her school trip today, but I don't think she'll need the sun hat, as it is another grey day here in NE Scotland.

One of the first signs of summer here in the UK is the arrival of the lovely little Swallows that migrate here every year. Thousands of miles they travel, how they do it I don't know, and then they have two or even three broods of chicks before migrating back to Africa again!! Little miracle workers eh?? So, I just had to draw some didn't I, and here they are:

Swallow:


Resting Swallows:


Both of these dig-images are now available for purchase in my shop, Delicious Doodles. I have used the Swallow image for my card today, which was made following the sketch over at Midnight Madness:


I turned the sketch upside down for the card, as the flowery bits fitted better with the shape of the image. I have used papers from Funky Hand for the backing pieces. The challenge at Get Funky is to use the colours 'Pink, Brown and Cream' along with Funky Hand products, so this fits the challenge there.


At Delightful Sketches and Challenges they have a new theme of 'Summer'. Hopefully my little Swallow will be summery enough for that one! I coloured her in with my usual watercolour pencils before scanning in and printing a couple of times to get the layers I wanted.


My flowers are all made with my usual punches, and some brads for the centres. I dotted some dimension paint on the petals, and also on the flourish bit at the bottom, which is a digi-image from a cd I have. This was printed onto both pieces of paper before cutting out and sticking down. It was fun trying to line them both up I'll tell ya!!

Right, I really must get on and do some DT stuff for next week, and do my paperwork - ugh! See ya folks!

20 comments:

scrapperjulia said...

This is really beautiful! Love how you made the swallow and the flower, great card!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Wow this is gorgeous. I love the swallow and the flowers are magnificent - so detailed. I love the colours.
Hugs,
Fiona x

craftykitten said...

Hi Teri,
Loving these two new images, and I lurve the card you have made - it is stunning. Thank you for the comment you left on my blog - and hey no problem - snag away!!
Hugs
DAwn xx

Carol said...

Teri, WOW, I am fascinated with all the dimension in this dazzling bird. What a breathtaking creation filled with so many enchanting elements. Great job with the sketch this week. Thank you so much for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Kim said...

Your new images are beautiful! I love the swallow! YOur card is stunning! He just looks as though he has broken free from all binding chains and soaring free! I love all the flowers around him too. Great take ont he sketch challenge!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Teri
A beautiful card and a beautiful image,thankyou for joining us at Delightful Sketches,
hugs Dianne xx

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

This card caught my eye instantly. It is just amazingly beautiful! The swallow looks fantastic and the flowers are very pretty!

Thanks for joing Midnight Madness Challenge. I hope to see you again next week!

Mvh
Gunn
MMSCDT

Allison said...

another gorgeous card Teri
Thanks for playing along at Get Funky this month
AllisoNX

pam124 said...

Okay, Terri, like this isn't breathtaking???? I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this one. Your swallow is so captivating with all those layers and your dps and flowers are absolutely AMAZING!!! Why dont' my punched flowers ever look as good as yours do?????

Thanks so much for not only joining us in the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, but for uploading a most beautiful and artistic card!!! It was a real treat. Hope you can come have a play date with us again next week!! LOL!!

Hugs
pam
MMSC-GD

Priscilla said...

Wow Teri, week after week you just amazing me with your digis and your card making style. Love your newest images too. Hey Sandee, give me a second to pick my jaw up off the keyboard. WOWZA.. this is so wonderful I love all those beautiful flowers and your take on the sketch is of course perfect. Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent with the DT team, viewers and players of the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenges. We are thrilled each week to see such wonderful entries in our challenges and I want to personally thank you for joining in the fun.
Priscilla

Lovely Linda said...

Oh Teri - what are you doing to me - each week your images just blow me away! I love your style and the way you see things! Your swallows are diving - the resting ones are perfect! TOTALLY LOVE THIS! Fabulous flowers and colours! It is great to have you with us at this weeks Midnight Madness Sketch challenge, we would love to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Jules said...

Stunning work Teri - I love what you have made.

Great paper choices and your bird and flowers are brilliant.

Thank you for sharing with Get Funky! this month.

Love Jules xx

crafty amy said...

2 great new images sweetie I love the 3D look it really brings the image to life :D

Hugs

Amy xx

Katie said...

This is just stunning!
Fabulous swallow and all those 3D flowers, perfect!
Thanks for playing at Delightful Challenges :)

Shelly said...

Lovely card Teri and gorgeous swallows! Love your CC card too hun! Hugs Shelly ;)

Elisa said...

Wow,what a stunning card.That Swallow is gorgeous.I have loads of them in the field at the back of my house,I love watching them swooping about.Elisa.x

Pascale said...

WOW this is totally beautiful LOVE IT hugs Pascale

Primitive Paper said...

What a fabulous card this week!!! Thanks so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to play our challenge. We are honored to have you enter your lovely work. Blessings, Tracy, MMDT

Lisa said...

WOW stunning piece! Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges this week!

beadz said...

What a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges this week. Good luck!
hugs,
Gini