Wednesday, 30 June 2010

Social Sistah's - Inspiration

Hi again folks.

Post number two, scroll down for The Creative Cottage.

Today it is my turn to host the theme at The Sisterhood of Crafters, and I am doing a kind of inspirational theme this time centered around books or movies.

There have been some fabulous books and movies in the past. Sometimes the movies fail to live up to the books or even do them justice. Sometimes a movie is so captivating you just have to go see it more than once (some recent movies come to mind. . . LOL).

Personally, I have always been 'into' thrillers and murder mysteries. I started reading avidly when I was a teenager, lying in bed 'til way after midnight with my latest library book. Usually it was an Agatha Christie novel, but then I progressed into heavier reading, the likes of Dean Koontz, Richard Laymon and the King of thrillers and horror himself - Stephen King!

Of course this all lead to my liking of horror movies. I used to watch the re-runs of the old Hammer House of Horror movies, with Christopher Lee as Dracula, and Peter Cushing as Van Helsing, ah, those were the days! Trouble is, the Vampyre thing has stayed with me, and I still love a good Vamp movie! I really loved the Gary Oldman version of Dracula, and of course Tom Cruise's Lestat in 'Interview With a Vampire'.

Must admit though, I cannot see what all the fuss is about with the Twighlight movies. My eldest D brought the DVD of New Moon home the other day, and I sat watching it for the first time (I didn't see Twilight either!) thinking to myself - OK, so why is everyone so caught up in this? Bit too much of a teenage anxst type of thing for me. I prefer a more mature Vamp myself, he is way to skinny for my taste! LOL. Now if it were Hugh Jackman. . .mmmmmmm!!

So, with all that said, my challenge to you is:


Create something that is inspired by your favourite books or movies, and tell me a bit about why.


I suppose you want to see what I made for this theme then? Here you go:


I used an old layout for my card, just tweeked it about a bit to suit what I wanted. The colour palette was from the challenge at C.R.A.F.T. which was to use 'Black, Lilac and Lime'. Yeah, I know there is purple and red too, but that is in the colouring of the images I have used. The lilac is in the flower and the oval frame. The black and lime speak for themselves!

My images are from my Delicious Doodles shop, and are named 'Wanabe Vamp' and 'BAT-erfly'. These were already coloured for a previous project, I just scanned them in the compy to keep on file, so now I get to print and use pre-coloured images whenever I want!




The backing paper is one I have had for a while and can't recall where I got it. It is a digital paper, so I tweeked the colours to get the black and lime. I also used it in the oval frame. The card behind the framed image is a black core-dinations one that has a lilac centre core. I embossed it with my cuttlebug swirls folder and distressed it to get the lilac to come through. I then added a lilac organza ribbon to it, although it is only just noticeable!


The embossing fits two challenges, at I Love Digi, and at Allsorts (my first time entering here). Both these challenges want to see 'embossing' this week. Hope it will do folks! LOL

OK then peeps, let's see what inspires you, be it books or movies. Head over to The Sisterhood for some more excellent projects from my DT Sistah's. Can't wait to see you there. . .!!

11 comments:

joey said...

LOL Teri I love the twilight saga I am hooked on Edward too I dunno what it is but he is ever so lovely lol. Love your card! I cant do gruesome so much so the softer vampire thing is suited to me lol lol. Joey.x

Tracy said...

p.s forgot to say, fabulous idea for a challenge! x

Tracy said...

gorgeous card Teri love the images and design.
I love twilight but the books rather than the films.Also loving the vampire diaries, some serious eye candy on there lol
have a great day
hugs Tracy x

Kim said...

Yes, sweet friend, this is a great idea for a challenge! I love your vamp and your bat! THis lime and purple are so bold and perfect together!

Thank you for you thoughts for my little Ashlea's friend and her family. This is so very tragic and unjust.
Blessings,
KIm xXx

Poppet said...

A beautifully atmospheric card. I love your idea of scanning coloured images for use later. :-) xx

Trimgym said...

Lovely card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

Jo and Tigerlover.

Rose said...

Gorgeous card, lovely colours!

Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T and good luck.

Rose x

Hope Jacare said...

Thanks for plaing along at C.R.A.F.T. this week in our black, lime and lilac colour challenge! Great card Teri -fab images! Cheers Claire x

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous card Teri love that image and the theme the colours are lovely, like you I have a penchant for the horror movies especially the older ones the new ones are all blood and gore but I do love a bit of that now and again lol.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Kirsten said...

Fabulous card love the image and the embossing looks great...x


Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs kirsten...x

crafty amy said...

Lol I am a thriller girl too. Great card as always hun :D

Hugs

Amy xx