Friday, 11 June 2010

Sitting Pretty Kitty

Hiya folks!

So, where did the summer go then? Flaming June is it?? I don't think so, LOL! Grey, overcast and cold here in NE Scotland today - but hey - at least it's dry!!! Hope things get warmer for Sunday, as the school has their Fete then. Last year was gorgeous, here's hoping. . .

On to my card for today then, which uses my Sitting Pretty Kitty digital image, available at Delicious Doodles:

She has been coloured with the usual watercolour pencils, and layered with foam pads. I kept the layering at a minimum for this one. I keep being asked to do 'thin' cards, as our postage costs more the thicker an item is. Outrageous huh??!!

I have used a sketch for my layout, from Sketch and Stash:

The papers are all from a lovely kit by The Creative Cottage, 'Bags of Style'. Just love this kit! (Tracy, if you read this - how about a purple version, or red?? LOL)

I am entering some challenges too. At Simon Says Stamp they have a recipe: '1 x image, 2 x DP's, 3 x different embellies'. Hope this is OK for that. I have 3 dp's including the one the cardstock is printed with. 1 image, yep. 3 embellies - the flowers, the brads, and the glittery border. This is also going into the challenge at Charisma Cardz where the theme is 'Spots and Stripes', and at Totally Papercrafts the theme is 'Animal Magic'.

In case you were wondering where the 'stash' bit is for the sketch and stash challenge, it is the brads. These are almost black, so I had to use them for this one. I have had them such a long time and never had a project to use them on until now. I was going to use pink ones, but changed my mind when fiddling through the wee pot I keep them all in.

God - is that the time?? Blimey, where'd the day go?? Better nip off and see to lunch then. MUST go and do my rounds for the DT comments. . . see ya soon folks!

14 comments:

Sue said...

Hi ya Teri
aww gorgeous card hun, great image, beautiful papers & design hun, thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

Craftyanny said...

Jings Teri you were quick. Gorgeous card, love your little kitty. Thanks for playing along with Totally Papercrafts this week:)
Anne x

Saskia said...

Lovely card Teri!

Enjoy your weekend!

Saskia :)

LINDA said...

Such a darling little card.. very cute image and I love the papers..
Hugs, Linda

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Love this card. Those papers are great and the kitty is so sweet. Maranne x

tracy said...

such a cute card Teri i love that image. so pleased you like the kit, will get on to a red and purple version lol. have a great weekend, hugs Tracy x

Sue said...

what a gorgeous and very sweet card,really pretty papers and colours and such an adorable iamge,love the clean crisp finish to this one...brilliant:)

thank you for joining us at sketch and stash


sue
xx

coldwaters2 said...

How adorable is that image she looks so proud sat there like that and just loving the papers and flowers gorgeous work.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Kim said...

Love this! Your kitty is darling! The pink and black is so fabby! This is great sketch....
Thanks for all of your warm wishes...hopefully things will slow down now.
Blessings,
Kim xXx

joey said...

Hiya Hun

gorgeous kitty I love this card, thanks for joining us at tpc

Joey.x

Poppet said...

Beautiful card Teri. The papers and flowers are lovely the image is sooo cute.

I know what you mean about the postage, it cost me a fortune in 2008 to send my Christmas cards so everyone got flat layers in 2009. Saved me loads as I am always late and end up sending them 1st class. :-) xx

Mephisto said...

Thats a very lovely Card.
Thanks for joining us at the SimonSaysChallenge this week.

Hugs
Domi

Vee said...

Fabulous card, love the beautiful soft colours. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Becky said...

Wow Teri! I love your card, that kitty is so cute and works so well with the gorgeous papers!
Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash! xx