Wednesday, 2 June 2010

The Sisterhood - Birthdays

Hiya folks!

I remembered to post this on the right day for a change! LOL. Today is the day for a new theme over at The Sisterhood of Crafters, and this week we celebrate the month of June. This could be using the colours (blue-cream and white as I have used), or the birthstone, which is Pearl, Zodiac sign (Gemini) or any other thing that comes to mind for the month of June.


My card was made using my own Delphinium digital image, available in my shop, Delicious Doodles. It was colouresd with watercolour pencils, scanned to the compy and printed 3 times to get my layers for decoupage with foam pads. My papers are from Tinker & Co, which I have also used on the punched flowers. I used some gems for the centres, and a rather huge recycled bead for the big one - only just stays where it's put it's that heavy!!

I used a sketch for my layout, from Truly Scrumptious:


The base card is some pearlescent cream card from my stash, which I also used on the flowers/leaves, along with some blue inky edges.


Wonder what you guys will come up with this week - head over to The Sisterhood if you need more inspiration - some fun cards and layouts there to see.

8 comments:

Kim said...

OMG, Teri!!!!
This is gorgeous!!!! I love your delphinium!!!!!! THe papers are so perfect to coordinate with this challenge. You certainly inspired me with all the floral glitz!
Blessings,
kim xXx

Clare said...

Wow that card is truly gorgeous Teri!!! hugs Clare xxx

tracy said...

beautiful card Teri the papers and gorgeous and those flowers look stunning. hugs Tracy x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is a beautifully crafted card. I love the flowers. Gorgeous colours.
Hugs,
Fiona x

TannyP said...

O.M.G. Teri - that flower is drop dead gorgeous! You constantly amaze me with your layered creations!!

Mina said...

wow Teri what an amazing creation...I love your beautiful decoupage...thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge
Mina xxx

mulberry station said...

Ohhh Teri, I missed this one! Wow, it is goregous!!!! I love every little detail!!
Nancy

Rica said...

Just beautiful Teri, your delphinium is amazing, gorgeous colours and details. Why didn't I think of that - when doing decoupage - colouring once, scanning and printing out. I just do everything the hard way, stamp it 2/3 times, then colour it 2/3 times. Now I shall see if my memory can keep a hold of that one - thanks for that.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at TS.
hugs Heather xx