Saturday, 12 June 2010

The Secret Crafter - Quotations

Hiya folks!

I hope I find you all well and raring to start another weekend? No football for me - we don't do footy in my house. Now Rugby is a different matter! All those hunky blokes. . . yum - LOL!

My card today is my DT piece for The Secret Crafters Saturday Challenge. This week's theme has been chosen by Melissa, and it is to 'Include a Quotation'. Eeeeek! I hear you all cry! Yeah, I was the same peeps. I haven't any rubber with quotes on, so I trawled through the net to find something suitable. I needed to make a baby girl card for my card stash, and found a good quote about babies, well, I though it was good anyways. Nothing too mushy. 'Babies are such a nice way to start people', by Dan Herold.


I have used a new image of mine for this card, Baby Bear, available in my shop Delicious Doodles. I coloured Baby Bear with watercolour pencils, then scanned it back into the compy to print out a couple of times for the layers. Theses are raised on foam pads.

The paper in the background is a Tinker & Co digital paper, which was printed out along with the quote on another digi-paper to act as a frame for it. The flowers were made with a few spare bits using punches, and some buttons for the centres from the stash. Last thing was the bows, hand-tied with ribbon also from the stash.


Of course you don't need to have a quote on the front of your project. Some of my DT sisters have theirs on the inside as the greeting verse - head over to the Challenge Blog to find out more!

5 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Hun
aww gorgeous card,fabby image & papers, luv the sentiment, thanks for your help hun, bloomin changing things, lol. no do footie in this house either, ugh! have great weekend, sue,x

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

SO ADORABLE! LOVE the little bow ... the perfect finishing touch! Great job again my friend!! Thanks for sharing all your talent!! Happy Weekend to you!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi teri,
What a fantastically cut card this is. the image is gorgeous and I am just loving the sentiment.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Helen said...

Awww...such a sweet card...lovely quote too!
Helen x

Nicola said...

Awe this is adorable Teri and what a fabulous quote.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-