Saturday, 19 June 2010

Filigree Fancy

Hiya folks.

Hope your weekend has got off to a great start? Still dreaming of getting a summer here, blooming cold, grey and windy today - almost lost the gazebo a few minutes ago, so had to nip out and tighten the guy-strings (ooooer missus! LOL). Anyway, here's hoping things improve real soon, the kids break for their summer (??) holidays on 2nd July!

Until then, I still have a few days of peace and quiet for the crafting, yeay! Which brings me to my card for today:


This card was made for a couple of challenges. I wanted to do something a bit 'goth, but girly', so I hope this fits my own brief! I followed a sketch from The Pink Elephant for my layout. Haven't played there in ages, so thought it about time I did!!


Next, I used the colour inspiration from the challenge at Colour Create.


Now I know Johnny is a good looking guy, but I wish he'd drop all that make-up! About time we saw him 'in the flesh' so to speak, LOL (not nuddie I hasten to add, although. . .) STOP!! Back to the creation!! I used the black, goldy/orange, green and purple colours for the card I made. Just realised though that I was supposed to use white card and only two other colours from this pic - ooops! Went a bit overboard there me thinks! Whatever!!

This card also fits the challenge over at DU2DS this time, as they are after 'Butterflies and Blooms'. Yep, got that bit right at least! LOL

My ribbon is from the stash, had it since Christmas and never used it. It's a lovely velvet textured ribbon with wired edges and gold dots. The green flower trim is from the local craft shop and is made of felt. My backing paper was a freebie I found somewhere, it's a filigree design that I printed out in black on a green background. I used the same design on the oval frame, but this time used a goldy/orange colour on a purple background. The flowers are made with my usual punches and card from my bits box.

The butterfly image is a really simple butterfly that I created for a tutorial over at The Crafters Digital Art Centre. I have now loaded it into my shop, Delicious Doodles, so anyone can purchase it now:


I have sort of paper-pieced this by printing it out on another digi backing paper that has a gorgeous filigree pattern to it. I printed it out twice, cut round each one, then stuck the first one on slightly raised with foam pads. The second one I glued the body to the first one, and rolled the wings for extra dimension.


Last thing I did was pop some gold metallic dimension paint dots here and there to match the sketch. Don't think these dots show up very well really, what with the intricate backing print. Never mind. I like it as it is - hope you do too!

14 comments:

mulberry station said...

Teri, Your card is very elegant! Love the new butterfly image!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Wow Wow Wow. This is gorgeous. Beautiful colours and fantastic layering. The butterfly is fantastic. I lov ethis.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Krista said...

Wow, look at all the detail!!! So very pretty! I love your take on the sketch this week at TPE, thanks for playing along!

Sally H said...

Wow, Teri! This is totally stunning!

Kim said...

OMG, one hundred percent gorgeousness! I love your fabby butterfly....just stunning! THe purple and organe flowers are so fun too!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Rebekah said...

stunning stunning stunning Teri! You are so very talented! This is so beautiful and magical hugs Rebekah x

Sharon said...

Lol!!! You got me going there with the 'drop the make-up' (and the comment after it **GRIN**). You card is Stunning, Sensational, Awesome...oh my, there are not enough words to describe it. I think you chose a perfect colour combination and the butterfly was THE best way to show it off.
Thanks for joining us at the Colour Create Challenge.
Sharon xx

thefrugalcrafter said...

wow, I never would have paired those colors but WOW, stunning!

Donna said...

A really stunning card Teri, I love the gorgeous butterfly you have created and the brightly coloured flowers :) Donna x

Dragonlady said...

Wow amazing hun, love the digital paper piecing. MMMMMMM Johnny - I agree with you I prefer him without the makeup and in clothes mostly!!!!

Hugs Ali x

Michelle said...

This is an amazing card Teri and I love that butterfly, quite stunning!
x Michelle

coldwaters2 said...

Another stunning creation Teri that butterfly is awesome so are the colours you are so inspirational in the work you do I love it.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Dena said...

Beautiful card! That butterfly is striking! Wow, you did so good with the picture challenge!
Thanks for joining Colour Create this week!
Hugs, Dena

Chris said...

An amazing card Teri and your butterfly looks fabulous especially paper pieced in those wonderful papers. Thanks for joining us at DU2DS. Chris :)