Thursday, 10 June 2010

Cute Kitty

Hiya folks!

Running late again. Just finished up a large order for some Wedding Place Cards, so that has set me back a bit, but I'm here now with my newest card.


I had finished this one last night, but it was too late to photograph it, so I waited until today. It uses my newest image, which I have only just loaded up to my shop, Delicious Doodles. The image is named 'Cute Kitty' as my lovely lady is holding Kitty, one of my other wee characters!


She has been printed out large - A4 sized onto card. Then I coloured with watercolour pencils. Can you believe I still manage to go over the lines!! BAH! After colouring I have scanned in the image and resized to get the right size and shape. Then I put three images on the same piece of paper to print out for my layers. This card follows the sketch at Midnight Madness for the layout, which I turned on its side to get the right shape for the image:


I have made an easel card for this one. Haven't done one for a little while, so thought I'd have a change. The card base is some deep red cardstock that has been in the cupboard forever! The printed papers are from Funky Fairies (no longer trading) and Tinker & Co. I used a Shapeabilities Pendant for the twiddly bit behind the image, and inked the edges.


The flowers are all made with my usual fav punches and spare card pieces, with brads as the centres. I popped a few extra brads here and there to even it all up, and to act as the stopper for the easel part of the card.


You'll be pleased to note that there are no other challenges for this card to be entered into, unless you guys can find any for me! LOL Righty then, off to get some lunch now - me hungry!! See ya folks!

12 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Teri-Look at you girl!!! Wowie is this ever pretty. I love how you used the tulip spellbinder medallion for the flower element on the this card. Great job on the sketch this week. Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Angela said...

Teri, this is so gorgeous!!! I need these new images they are beautiful!! I love what you have done with them!!!
Hugs:)'
Angela

Lynda said...

Oooh this is beautiful Teri!

Love Lynda xxx

Priscilla said...

WOW.. Love all the layers on this one and your color is awesome. What a wonderful entry and Great take on the sketch too. Those punched flowers are perfect. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenges.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Priscilla said...

WOW.. Love all the layers on this one and your color is awesome. What a wonderful entry and Great take on the sketch too. Those punched flowers are perfect. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenges.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Poppet said...

I really, really like this card Teri, the colour is stunning and your image matches perfectly. I love the fact you colour your images hair in vibrant colours. It would go against my nature but I really must try this. Thanks for all your inspiration. :-) xx

Dora said...

Hi this is a very beautiful card and your image is so gorgeous and kitty so sweet :) Love the striking colours of your card xxx

LINDA said...

WOW!! This is simply gorgeous.. Love everything about this one..
Hugs, Linda

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Teri = what a gorgeous card - I love easel cards and this is no exception! What a fabulous image - love the colours and the way you have used the sketch Teri!! I always look forward to your card and am always amazed at your creativity!! Love it! Thanks for joining us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, we love to be inspired by your work and look forward to seeing you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

pam124 said...

Teri, what a dynamite easel card and take on the MM sketch challenge this week. Your coloring is awesome and your colors, flowers and details are just AMAZING!! Wow, I LOVE IT!!

Thanks SO MUCH for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week and I truly hope you will join us again next week!!

Hugs
pam
Midnight Madness Sketch Challege, GD

tbk100601 said...

What a gorgeous card! Awesome colors! Great take on the MM sketch challenge!! Thank you for joinging us and we hope to see you again next week!

Brenda

Primitive Paper said...

Hey lady these colors are to die for!!! As always, we appreciate your playing along with us over at Midnight Madness and look forward to your glorious, future creations. Tracy, MMDT