Friday, 18 June 2010

Cute Kitty in Monotone

Hiya folks!

Your warm and sunny thoughts worked for a bit yesterday! Yeay! The sun came out now and again, and it got rather muggy and humid. Me thinks you guys must have had some sleep though, it's gone grey and windy now - LOL!!

My card for today has been created especially as a sample for the Craftalicious Challenge, as it is myself doing their sponsorship this time with my Delicious Doodles Shop:

Their winner from this challenge will get to choose four of my digi's to play with, who knows you may even like to choose the digi I used for this card, Cute Kitty:

I have used shades of brown for my monotone card. The image was previously coloured in using my watercolour pencils, and yes, it was colour. BUT I changed the image from colour to greyscale in photoshop, and gave it a sepia effect to make it appear vintage.


I followed the sketch from Delightful Sketches and Challenges for my layout:



Papers are from various outlets - Funky Fairies (no longer trading), Funky Hand, Tinker & Co, Raspberry Road. All of these I turned from colour to greyscale like my image, so I could choose the colour I wanted to match the card. Ribbons are from the stash, as are the copper brads. I made the beady embellishment myself, from some beaded trim I got at B&Q. Hated the trim, but loved the beads!! LOL


I am entering this into the challenge over at Charisma Cardz too, as they are after 'Bling' this week, so I am hoping the brads and beads count as bling. . . ?

Oooh, guess what? You're sunny thoughts are helping - I can see a bit of sunshine!! YEAY!! Come on washing machine, hurry up so I can get the stuff dry today!!

8 comments:

Lynda said...

Gorgeous card Teri - love your bead embellishment and you've really made cute and vintage work so well together!

Love Lynda xxx

Saskia said...

Oooh... lovely work Teri!!

Enjoy your weekend!
Saskia :)

Kim said...

This image is so darling! Love your monotone card. Your little beads and brads are great. I really love the distressed edges.
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Sally H said...

Stunning card, Teri, and she is so pretty!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Teri
A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us at Delightful Sketches,
Hugs Dianne xx

Allison said...

such a lovely card
Thanks for playing along at Charisma this week
AllisonX

Lisa said...

Gorgeous project and the monochromatic is so striking! Thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches!

Katie said...

Great card!
Thanks for playing at Delightful Challenges :)