Wednesday, 30 June 2010

The Creative Cottage - Summer Surprise!

Hiya folks!

'Tis a glorious summer's day today in NE Scotland - hoorah!! Make the most of it though, the weather man says it's gonna pee down tomorrow. You wait, we'll have floods now, LOL.

Talking of summer, today is my turn to pick the theme at The Creative Cottage, and I have chosen 'Summer Surprise'.


I have used the papers from two kits, 'Sunny Days' and 'Summer Mornings' to make my card with, along with my own digital image - 'Smell the Roses', available for purchase in my shop Delicious Doodles.


For the layout I have used this week's sketch at Friday Sketchers:


It also fits the theme at Digital Tuesday, which is 'Summer Time'. Most of the papers here were from the Summer Mornings kit, but I also printed off the flowery paper from the Sunny Days kit and made part of the large flower with it and also the butterfly. This Simple Butterfly is also one of my images, which I printed directly onto the paper. I curled the wings for some dimension.


The flowers are made with my usual punches, with gems for the centres. I popped a few gems at the top too, just to even things up a bit. My main image was coloured with watercolour pencils, then scanned into the compy so I can keep it on file and use these colours whenever I want without having to colour it all the time. Bit of a cheat I know, but such a time saver!!


Just realised this also fits the challenge over at Pixie Dust Studio this week, which is' 2 or more pics'. My two pics are the main girl image and the wee butterfly. Hope that's OK? I think it may also fit in at the Corrosive Challenge who want 'loads of flowers' this week. My first time entering here, hiya ladies!

OK peeps, let's see what you can come up with for this summery theme then. Hop over to The Creative Cottage Challenge and see what other yummies my sisters have come up with! See you there!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

this is so beautiful the flowers and butterfly look gorgeous and i love that image. hugs Tracy x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my this is stunning Teri the image and your colouring is just perfect so is the bp and flowers.
Hugs
lorraine x

Ellie said...

wow, this is fantastic. Love the sketch, so beautiful.
Thanks so much for playing the DTC this week!

Anne-Marije said...

What a wonderful card!
Thanks for joining us at Digital Tuesday Challenge.
xxx Anne-Marije