Wednesday, 9 June 2010

The Creative Cottage - Going Pink!

Hiya folks!

Here we are at another Wednesday, and that means another new theme at The Creative Cottage. Our teamie Rebekah is doing the Race for Life on Sunday (yeay for her!) and she has chosen the theme of 'Going Pink'.


I have used the 'Sunny Days' kit for my card, you can purchase it HERE. I have teamed it up with one of my own images, Moonlit Sands, available in my shop, Delicious Doodles. She was coloured in with watercolour pencils.

I have used a sketch from Sunday Sketch and Stamp for my layout:


The base card is a lovely pearlescent baby pink. I used a MS punch for the borders and topped with some fibres from the stash. The sentiment is computer generated. The flower is made with punches and bits from the 'bits box', and I dotted some dimension paint on the petals. The bow is hand-tied and the ribbon for it came from a magazine freebie.


As this is a summery type of card, I am entering it into a few challenges with a 'summer' theme:


If you need more inspiration, head over to The Creative Cottage Challenge Blog and see what my DT sisters have come up with. You could be our winner this week, of your choice of kit! Cool huh??

11 comments:

Rebekah said...

Love this card Teri, that image is so peaceful! Thanks for your yays! Hugs Rebekah x

Shelly said...

Hi Teri! Gorgeous card hun, love the pretty image teamed up with the yummy papers! Great border too! Hugs Shelly ;)

Poppet said...

Great card Teri. Love the pink with a spash (no pun intended) of blue and purple on your image. I have a little something on my blog for you if you would like to hop over. :-) xx

Poppet said...

Great card Teri. I love the splash (no pun intended) of blue and purple on you image. I have a little something on my blog for you if you would like to hop over. :-) xx

Saskia said...

Sweet and beautiful card!

Saskia :)

CraftyC said...

This is beautiful Teri and a wonderful sketch to work with!
Clairexx

coldwaters2 said...

Oooo Teri this is sumptuous love the image and the punched borders along with the flowers and papers I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Becky said...

Wow! I just love your card Teri! Gorgeous image and design!! xx

Donna said...

Fabulous card Teri and such a perfect sentiment :) Donna x

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

I just love your images and what you do with them! This certainly says "summertime" ... awesome creation! Thanks so much for joining us at Raise The Bar! Hope you will join us again!

~*Joni said...

Teri your image is so stunning! What a beautiful mermaid and in such a perfect pink palette. Beautiful job as always. My sister is also doing the Relay for Life - how awesome that women everywhere are participating!! Thank you so much for joining us at Raise The Bar's summer theme.
~*Joni RTB DT