Tuesday, 29 June 2010

A Celtic Wedding

Hiya folks!

How are you all doing today? Well I hope? It's a cloudy start here in NE Scotland (again) although we had a few sunny bits earlier. The wind is picking up though, and they are forecasting some wet stuff for tomorrow. Mind you, the garden needs it. My veggies are looking very sorry for themselves. The carrots are a complete failure this year, they just don't want to germinate! Parsnips doing fine, spuds have caught up with the season after the cold and grey start this year. Runner beans are at the top of their sticks at last, lettuce has been nibbled by something other than slugs, birds maybe? (sigh, why do I bother??)

Anyroadup, today is Tuesday, so that means a new theme over at Tuesday Taggers. This week it has been set by our Pat, and is 'Weddings', as we are in mid-wedding season. I chose to make a Celtic style Wedding card for my project.


I have used the colour theme and layout from the challenge at Truly Scrumptious, which is 'Strawberries and Cream', plus this sketch:


Everything on this card is digital, apart from the stickles, bow and gold rings. Oh, and the inky edges, LOL. I have had all these Celtic style images on the compy for a few years now, and don't get to use them much, so I thought I would show them off with this project. Can't recall where the corner images came from now, such a long time ago. The main heart image I drew myself, based on a design I saw somewhere but tweeked a bit until I liked it better. This fits the challenge at Crafty Catz this week, which is 'Digital'.


The organza bow is hand-tied and snipped at the ends, then I threaded the gold rings through the knot in the bow and linked them together so they dangle when the card is standing. A few inky edges, and voila (spelling?) job done! Nice and simple to make, but looks complicated! LOL

OK folks, now it's over to you guys. Let's see what yummies you can muster for the Wedding theme. Head over to the Tuesday Taggers Challenge Blog for deets of this week's sponsor, and for more DT inspiration, some real crackers there this week!!

14 comments:

Clarky J said...

Wow Teri this is truely stunning x

Zoechaos said...

Gorgeous card love the celtic theme and the colours love it. XX Zoe

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
I love the hearts and the entwined rings. A fabulous card.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Divinity said...

this is a beautiful card! i love those entwined rings -- especially as they dangle when the card is upright! love it! :)

PatR said...

Truly beautiful card Teri, love the celtic theme and the use of the rings.
xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Teri
A stunning card,thankyou for joining us again this week at CraftyCatz,
Hugs Dianne xx

Suzanne said...

Great card. Thansk for playing at Crafty Catz this week
Hugs
Suzanne x

Sally H said...

Wow! This is gorgoeus Teri! I love it

Kim said...

I love your celtic chain, so beautiful and the red is just divine!!!!
Have a :) day!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Grenouille Greetings said...

This is lovely, Teri. A really grown up wedding card; fab colour scheme and dimension! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Poppet said...

Wonderful card Teri, very unique, great colour red too. I love Celtic designs I send myself dizzy following the never ending lines around. (simple things, simple minds). :-) xx

Rica said...

A stunningly beautiful card Teri.
Love the Celtic theme, fabulous stamping and such awesome details.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Truly Scrumptious.
hugs Heather xx

Suzie said...

This is gorgeous, thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz this week. Suzie x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my this one appeals to me greatly I love the colours and the image I always think the Celtic theme holds a magical air I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x